Project Varatrackerstorm or Firetrackerdero.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: Project Varatrackerstorm or Firetrackerdero.

Post by fabiostar »

bloody great :thumbup: :thumbup: keep it going big man..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:08 pm
sirch345 wrote:
It sounds like that plan should work well, building a box for that area is something I hadn't thought of. I'm guessing you'll still need to fit a battery box inside the main box to hold it from moving around.

Chris.
I'm not too sure about that box idea yet Chris, I'm over thinking too many things tbh.. :thumbup:

I've been doing bits, but it doesn't look like much tbh.
I can be inclined to do that too, over think things :lol:

The bits that don't look much can be the ones that take a lot of time I know :wink:

You're doing really well, keep up the good work it's looking good :thumbup:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Any more progress here. Where are you at now. Youve inspired me and now i'm getting on with my build. I have similer exhaust conundrums and it doesn't help that I can't make up my mind as to what cans to use or how to angle them or maybe go high levels / underseat...well outer under seat so behind the original rear pegs. Either way I have to make some link pipes up or get some made. Iv'e bought a protracor type device for measurig inside and outside angles. Black mori cans would be my dream but I don't think I would have much luck finding them. I'd mount them like the mori race cans upsept and tucked in.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VARASTORM .. are you there?

we need more updates
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm getting quite concerned about Vara as he's not been on the forum since March and was going through some health issues. IIRC he was doing this build when he should have been resting up and recovering.

I came across this the other day which reminded me of this build.
VTR 1000 Cafe
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Firedero; 22-05-18 12:15 PM wrote:Hi guys, quick update. I'm still slowly plodding on with the build.

My build method is to focus on one little job at a time & I plod on with each little job until I feel I can't go any further or am waiting for parts to arrive.

So I've been tackling lots of little horrid uncompleted difficult bits over the last few months & have felt no real progress has been done so haven't posted.

Firstly was the Pingel tap to tank adaptor plate, which took a month to arrive. Now it has, I either have to chamfer the plate so it fits flat or use a thick gasket. Oh & retap the m6 tank threads..

Secondly was the securing of the silencers, where to fasten them to the frame & fab up a pretty bracket to secure them.

Thirdly was to strengthen the frame top tube by cutting down a length of 50mm box to weld along the underside.

Last but not least is that I'm not too happy using a metal plate for the battery box/electrics underside.

No pictures as I'm unable to post any on the site

Last edited by Firedero; 22-05-18 at 12:18 PM.
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/varadero/1 ... ost1357093
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

hopfully alls ok as he has slipped of the radar :confused
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Varastorm / Firedero was posting on the XRV forums a couple of days ago on Tues with a build update - see above.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Still alive then. That's good to know. Thanks wicky :thumbup:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Hi guy's appreciate the concern, sorry for no updates but all's ok & I'm still alive :wave:

Like what's been mentioned on the XRV forum, not much progress to report on tbh. Plodding on with little important but fiddly jobs & this work thingy is getting in the way too (looking for a Lincoln Ac/Dc machine this year) :lol:

I was going to post an update on here also, but had an image resizing issue on the xrv site, so no pictures could be posted (time was an issue) so I gave up :eek2

Yesterday I welded on part one of the headstock reinforcing box section (which also runs under the top tube) & drilled a 12mm hole through both sides of the box section so a 50mm threaded tube fits in the holes.

This spans inside of the 50mm box, this will hold the lugs that hold the front rubber tank supports. Pictures are a lot easier..

I've also finally got the throttle linkage to work from the grip. I'm not too overjoyed though as I wanted a push pull setup, but room is an issue so it's only a pull. The spring is more than enough to close the throttle but we'll see.

I also figured out a solution to the silencer mounting brackets. I think it tidy's up the rear a treat.

Finally today I popped to the local steel stockists today & got some 20mm x 50mm box for reinforcing the rear subframe. Once its been welded in I can make some tabs to start focusing back on the battery box again :thumbup:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Got my act together & resized some pictures.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

kooks cracking :thumbup: :thumbup:

good to see you back
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Pipes getting in the way of the push pull then. Have you heard the exhaust yet?
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Hope this looks, works & rides ok when it's finished as it's turning into a long project..

Here's a couple of pictures with the exhaust fully srung up :thumbup:

Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Thanks guys :thumbup:

No, not started her yet. I really am looking foreword to that though. If that day ever comes.

There's just so many little jobs to sort out. When I hit a low point & stop to think about all the work that's still required I really do doubt It'll ever get finished.

I just try to keep it to day tight compartments tbh :crazy: