a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Varastorm

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by Varastorm »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 pm
Varastorm wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:04 am
Wicky wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:45 pm Install this so you can resize images on your PC with a right click

http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

Then upload them for sharing here which can also resize pics on the fly https://postimages.org
I'm ok with the resizing Wicky :thumbup: Its the how & where to add them on this site :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41262#p449062
Wicky wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Code: Select all

[img]your image URL[/img]
Thanks for that guys :thumbup:

At the moment I post a similar/identical thread on the XRV forum about the tracker project & they have an easy to use system. After resizing it's close to drag'n drop. I'm sure I did read how to do it here a while back but I can't find it.

I hope there's enough info for Fabio, if not plan B :lol: :thumbup:

I don't really want to post up BB wheel pictures on the Xrv, feels like I'm taking the...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

yes vara i know what you mean with the sizes. just home from work and didnt get any free time yet but il check tomorrow :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

No problem, but I'm as eager as you to see if it fits.

If any photo's are needed to clarify things I'll post them up :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I bought a bit of spondonness myself.

The SP bit.........
Last edited by tony.mon on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:47 am I bought a bit if spondonness myself.

The SP bit.........
Slow day at work Tony?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol :lol: :lol:

vara i had a look at the dymag, the storm wheel and the measurments you gave me. i dont have the room for a bird wheel. at least not using the chain adjusters on the swingarm that are lipped inside to allow the wheel to stay in place when i remove my axle.... but alls not lost as im having brake/disc/clearance problems so i may yet have to take a whole fresh look at the rear end so i may come calling for the bird wheel yet :eek2 :eek2
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Have you considered a jockey wheel?
:wave:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:23 pm Have you considered a jockey wheel?
:wave:
:lol: :lol: :lol: . the storm/bird hub size is whats causing me problems. dia wise. although the dymag was wider the dia of the hub was a lot smaller..

iv just ordered a large billet of hardened alloy and gona take a deep breath and machine a hub that bolts to the honda hub and either zx7r disc with 7r caliper or honda wheel to pfm disc and harris caliper or maybe another underslung caliper i havent looked into yet.

i knew this bit was gona be the headmelter but iv only one crack at getting this disc carrier/hub thing right or its gona be a expensive mistake :eek2

i may even machine it to run an extra internal bearing running on the axle so i have two bearing on each side..
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Doubling the bearings doubles the bearing weight.
They will last a few years, just change them when they wear.

Ceramic bearings might be worth considering, though.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

What is the width from captive spacer to captive spacer (swingarm width) ?

Also the wheel dimensions, the disc register face to sprocket register face :thumbup:

I'll look for a wheel & you find a cheap Renault turbo carb :wink:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:22 am What is the width from captive spacer to captive spacer (swingarm width) ?

Also the wheel dimensions, the disc register face to sprocket register face :thumbup:

I'll look for a wheel & you find a cheap Renault turbo carb :wink:
Try googling "cbg motorsports" vara
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ok more work has been done.

plan A to use the Harris caliper is out. iv found a crack in the bloody thing so iv ruled that out.

plan B. the 7r caliper idea has to work. im gona shave down the caliper body by 3mm and that will give me the room i need to get the disc carrier in. width wise isnt the problem here now, its the hub dia being so much bigger than the dymag thats causing the problems but, im so far down the road now i have to make it work :roll: :roll: .

the distance from the sprocket to disc isnt a problem as im gona be making a carrier for the disc. my clearance problems are all on the sprocket to wheel centre line which i now think i have sorted if iv measured it right.

basically im using the chain line as my datum face and working everything from that..

remind me again why i started this lol
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

so mocked up atm but heres what im gona end up with.

honda wheel. iv to machine up a carrier to change it from Honda fit at the wheel end to a Kawasaki ZX7R fit at the disc end. the reason being it uses a larger disc thus giving me the extra clearance i need at the hub end.

with a bit of fabbing still to do iv just room to squeeze a 7r underslung caliper into the space and that should just leave me with a spacer for the wheel axle to run up.

i may yet machine up the carrier thats gona carry the disc to accept another wheel bearing just as an insurance but its not really needed but il look at that when this chunk of billet arrives at my door.

i think. :eek2

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

here gentleman is a huge hunk of high steel alloy. shes a brute and it needs a lot of metal removing to make this carrier i need..

faced and the long job of starting the internal bores on it, outer lip to fit and locate snugly on the Honda wheel using the little locating pegs the disc normally sits on

then as a little overkill i machined a taper on the inside so it butts upto the taper on the wheel for a nice solid fit.

still 20 odd mm on the diameter to come down and then il flip it round and cut to overall length, then make the that end fit the Kawasaki disc . then profile it in the middle so i can either bolt or use studs to fix it to the wheel and drill the other end for the disc.

it looks huge atm but when its finished itl only actually be 42mm long but the same dia as the hub.

or at least thats the plan,
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:43 pm here gentleman is a huge hunk of high steel alloy. shes a brute and it needs a lot of metal removing to make this carrier i need..

faced and the long job of starting the internal bores on it, outer lip to fit and locate snugly on the Honda wheel using the little locating pegs the disc normally sits on

then as a little overkill i machined a taper on the inside so it butts upto the taper on the wheel for a nice solid fit.

still 20 odd mm on the diameter to come down and then il flip it round and cut to overall length, then make the that end fit the Kawasaki disc . then profile it in the middle so i can either bolt or use studs to fix it to the wheel and drill the other end for the disc.

it looks huge atm but when its finished itl only actually be 42mm long but the same dia as the hub.

or at least thats the plan,

Great to see the photo's Rob :thumbup:

I hope it does all go to plan,

Chris.