a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:18 pm Have you calmed down yet. I'm sure I saw you taking some time out at the grand national at the weekend. There was few wee people there. LOL
lmao its the only dam hoursepower that works for me :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

as i said on the other thread, the pulse generator got changed and not a fook of difference that made either :redface .. so it really is finished, doesnt go but at least its finished..

could be considered a waste of time or a great collection of parts for the yellow bike :eek2 ..
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Bloody hell Rob that’s really frustrating only thing you haven’t changed is the frame
Hope you eventually get to the bottom of it, but step back for a while fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:30 pm Bloody hell Rob that’s really frustrating only thing you haven’t changed is the frame Image
Hope you eventually get to the bottom of it, but step back for a while fella. Image

oh iv stepped right back from it, as far as you can get from it :thumbup: .
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well because its Thursday the bike has decided on its own to go 90% better than it has been. i didnt touch it but bottoms great. tops great. a flatdead zone between 5 and 6 which its never had but at least the bloody thing is able to be ridden... just plain strange.

i held it in the dead zone for a few miles this eveing and its going into a weak state going by the plugs which is how it feels on the throttle... not perfect.far from it but a massive leap forward at least.

why? iv no idea but lets see if it keeps going or gets better before i try chasing this dead spot..

the popping and banging and backfires have gone completly aswell

i should mention its still running on the jetting its always had, 48 pilots and 190 mains.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

being sunday the bike decided to not have a flat spot at 5k. a little glitch at 4 just where i imagine you would be coming off the pilots onto the mains, otherwise it is flying :eek2 :eek2

i have no answer and im not going looking one....
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

then again because its Tuesday, the b8stard is going backwards again.. a new petcock arrived today. all new vac pipes,again. balanced the carbs,again... and its running prob worse than it has, or at least as bad as it was say a week ago... :eek2 ..

pretty it may be but thats the end of it..
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

So if it was ok last week then why the fec did you play with it?? :roll:
I know your OCD ruins your sleep, but it's like shagging a psychopath: best ride you'll ever have, but don't even try and understand what's going on in their mind.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

grumpyfrog wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:59 am So if it was ok last week then why the fec did you play with it?? :roll:
I know your OCD ruins your sleep, but it's like shagging a psychopath: best ride you'll ever have, but don't even try and understand what's going on in their mind.
Ha, so true & well said :clap: :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:01 pm then again because its Tuesday, the b8stard is going backwards again.. a new petcock arrived today. all new vac pipes,again. balanced the carbs,again... and its running prob worse than it has, or at least as bad as it was say a week ago... :eek2 ..

Don't worry. It will soon be Thursday and it will be alright again :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Pete.L wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:26 pm
fabiostar wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:01 pm then again because its Tuesday, the b8stard is going backwards again.. a new petcock arrived today. all new vac pipes,again. balanced the carbs,again... and its running prob worse than it has, or at least as bad as it was say a week ago... :eek2 ..

Don't worry. It will soon be Thursday and it will be alright again :thumbup:

Pete.l
but first its wednesday lol.. for a laugh i put a honda filter in it. kept the jetting its always had in it just to see if i could get some reaction good or bad outa the bastado thing.

i got a reaction. sweet as a nut unto 6.. slight lull until 6.5 k then howls away like its always done.. :eek2 what the actual fuk lol

so it decided over night 3 weeks ago it didnt like its K&N filter its had all this time? laws of vtrs say with that jetting and that honda filter it should run like crap, but oooh no not this one...

the filter/jetting i believe is masking something else but whatever it is, atm its just saved itself from being broken.. we will see

for now, happy days, if it so much as blinks, she gooooone baby.. :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

That reminds me,
When I traded in my Firestorm for the SP one of the reasons was the Dyno jet needles were eating into the emulsion tubes and making them go oval. The fueling was changing weekly and I was constantly having to fiddle with the fueling to try and compensate.

Might be worth a look

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Pete.L wrote:That reminds me,
When I traded in my Firestorm for the SP one of the reasons was the Dyno jet needles were eating into the emulsion tubes and making them go oval. The fueling was changing weekly and I was constantly having to fiddle with the fueling to try and compensate.

Might be worth a look

Pete.l
I had a 1200 Bandit that also used to oval emulsion tubes pretty often and it ran great some days and awful on others Image

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Can you replace the emulsion tubes ?

Worth a try.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

kenmoore wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:38 am Can you replace the emulsion tubes ?

Worth a try.
The emulsion tubes can be replaced (they are different front &rear) the needle jet can't be replaced and that is what usually gets ovaled from use. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.