a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
freeridenick

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by freeridenick »

Those stacks look like the screw into the base plate.is that right? Would love a set of those myself.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the stack screws into the alloy base plate which then screws into the airbox....... i always looked at them and thought , its only inlet stacks.. but looking at the work went into making them i see why they cost so much new....lovely looking engineering..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Nice Fab, what was in there previously?

I found my bike ran a lot richer when I fitted the Ducati modded stacks on the Varastorm project.

The increase in air flow also increased the amount of fuel being sucked in. Sounds great in theory but to get mine to a reasonable afr I had to reduce the mains one or two sizes.

I know every bike requirements are different, but it's worth mentioning as it was to me when I was playing around with trumpets :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 pm little bit more mancavery time with the blue girl..

the steering dmaper was spaced with a shitty thing. couldnt really notice it but i knew it was there so the wee lathe got more use.

nice little alloy number made up.

and thankyou to a certain mori collector on here it would have been rude not to polish these up and use them..my world in the flesh they feel great..

in you go ladies...started it and it sounds different from before :biggrin

Aww beautiful 8)

For a second there, after seeing one mounted in the lathe I thought you were machining some :lol:
I can see what with the baseplate and the stack a lot of work in producing them.

Good work with the steering damper spacer :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Varastorm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:41 am Nice Fab, what was in there previously?

I found my bike ran a lot richer when I fitted the Ducati modded stacks on the Varastorm project.

The increase in air flow also increased the amount of fuel being sucked in. Sounds great in theory but to get mine to a reasonable afr I had to reduce the mains one or two sizes.

I know every bike requirements are different, but it's worth mentioning as it was to me when I was playing around with trumpets :thumbup:
@ chris. cheers sir.. i was happy enough to just hold them. it got a bit sexual so i had to fit them lol

vara.. before it was running the carbs that came with the engine. seems to have a dyno jet kit and K&N filter. airbox gutted out and snorkal area enlarged..... with these in it didnt like that but ended up gutted airbox and pretty standard lid drilled a bit,, seems to be running better than ever so iv been lucky with the jetting. from the time iv had with it, its improved mid range a fair bit, sorta 5 to 8k range.

oh and it was running like 3/4 length cut down honda stacks.similar to the length of these.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well maybe iv been lucky with fitting the stacks but after a good proper run today.. the big lady is pulling through from 5k a lot better. it wasnt lacking as was :D but a nice improvment. no stutters or flat spots :erection:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

A little cosmetic trial.. put the little TT type fly screen from the yellow one to the blue un

and now to start ripping the bits out of it for its new front end thats going in :thumbup:

theres also been changes to the airbox,or rather to whats inside :plainsmile ..
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

What front end is going on!?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Steve6088 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:04 pm What front end is going on!?
RwU blade front end. its from a 97 but i might use 98 yokes that give me more clearence to use 310mm discs from a blackbird which are 310.

at the min it has a set of Rogered storm forks in it.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 pm
RwU blade front end. its from a 97 but i might use 98 yokes that give me more clearence to use 310mm discs from a blackbird which are 310.

you will solve weak steel lower yokes by this conversion too, as 98 blade has modern Alu yokes. But you need to machine spacers under brake discs, as these yokes are wider.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:58 pm
fabiostar wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 pm

you will solve weak steel lower yokes by this conversion too, as 98 blade has modern Alu yokes. But you need to machine spacers under brake discs, as these yokes are wider.
correct sir indeed.... but the plot thickens .. later yokes are indeed nice chunky allow butm theres always a sting, the blackbird discs have a larger offset and wont fit the forks, iv already tried that route hence the wider yokes... but its taken another turn. i dont want 6 spokes but rather keep with 3 spokes,,,

and the dymag wont take bigger discs unless you go down the pvm narrow track and matching calipers and thats just outa budget :sad2 .

so plan B is, im taken the dymags off for road use,they can always be used for track days and il keep them tucked away for future but iv found ZX7R front wheels look like storm wheels and they run 320 discs... a few spacers made in the man cave and i should be good to go.

what can possibly go wrong. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

i love torturing myself in winter with this bike..
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i had thought off the upside down fork route but just not for this bike.. its not period correct and never will be but i wana keep it at least in the ballpark looks wise :thumbup:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I see much easier option in running 300 mm discs, they are lighter too. You are lucky man to have the dymags, light wheels are true performance mod, maybe better than stronger engine.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 pm I see much easier option in running 300 mm discs, they are lighter too. You are lucky man to have the dymags, light wheels are true performance mod, maybe better than stronger engine.
thats the other plan. like i need yet another plan :? . keep the dymag,use 98/99 yokes and get blackbird 310 discs of an early bird....

it changes like the weather in my wee head lol
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

thats the blue one finished...

so its winter,time to rip it all to bits.. some sh1t needs sorted.
front brake lines,pads. rear pads.. blah blah. just a good service.

apart from its getting a blade front end. 97 legs but not sure just yet about yokes,may change them... and started to moke up a new dash three days ago :( .. started as a bash plate for some enduro bike.. more to do to it but started the pull down at least...

also already had a lightweight alloy race front frame to go on.

trial fit..

:thumbup: