TheGingerBeardMans' 1999 VTR1000F...

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
TheGingerBeardMan

TheGingerBeardMans' 1999 VTR1000F...

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Small amount of photos loaded into this Photobucket thing, which I swore blind I'd never sign up to.

But, it's only taken 2 years to upload them and show yet another Red Storm (oooooh, the excitement!!!)

This bike is ridden (when I'm fit) in all weathers. Rain, sleet, snow and -10 degrees C.

All I can say is, ACF-50 is wonderful stuff. That, and Autosol metal polish. Oh yeah, and turtle wax. Erm, and Back to Black. :roll:

It could be a LOT cleaner, but I have less energy these days to do what I used to do with all me other bikes. :(

Any offers over a quid greatly appreciated. (are they even worth that now?) :think: :lol:

This took me fookin ages, so hope it's all worked, and that the text is all in the correct places.

If not, and it appears all over the shop, the please contact my Japanese Solicitor: Mr So-Su-Me.

-------------------------------------------------------

Photos of bike showing 42,476 @ Sept 2016 (after Grampian Motorcycle Convention), except for the Profile Pic (uploaded after joining forum in Sept 2014).

Current Mileage: (as of 14th December 2016) = 43,331

Taken before I mashed the Generator Cap.

I have to say thank you (again) to MacV2 and Markbo, who came to the rescue in Feb 2015 when some drunken buggers kicked over the Storm and it fell against my GL Wing, when the bike's were kept on the street.

Mac sent up new levers and an indicator, and Markbo sent mirrors and a DB screen (screen kept aside, as I managed to polish out the scratches on my one)

The fuel tank has been replaced by a new one, as the original suffered a big fech-off dent in it after they kicked it when it was laying on it's side. Barstewards!
:twisted:

-------------------------------------------------------

Profile pic (2014).

White Moulded/Blown Vinyl (not painted), and Carbon strips either side.

Front Right (Sept 2016)

Seat Cowl Re-sprayed Satin Black, and buffed with Turtle Wax Extreme.

Note the small gold http://www.VTR1000.org decals on the screen. Not ''in yer face'' huge and tried to compliment the gold on the tank decals.

Pyramid Plastics Colour Coded Hugger.

DID 50VXGB Black and Gold Chain.

JT Sprockets (standard gearing) with Red Alloy Sprocket Nuts.

New OEM YUASA YTX12-BS Battery (fitted March 2016)

I am not arsed about obtaining the thinnest Chicken Strips - as you can see!

Bridgestone Battlax T30 Evo Tyres Front n' Rear.

BlueFlame Performance 'Evo' Stainless Silencers (Baffles removed of course!)

OEM CCTs - Original set replaced with new OEM CCTs at 23,000 miles.

Regulator / Rectifier replaced with finned version @ 27,000 miles.

Carbonadi Clutch Cover. Note: Rear Brake Light Switch replaced for new OEM as rubber was torn and let water in

Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines, with Fenda Extenda fitted to keep shite off the engine..

Forks Re-Spayed with 8 coats Grey Etch Primer...
and 8 coats of PRO-XL Pro-Wheel System Basecoat ''Porsche Anthracite Silver'' (Code 18 / PROWS18)
...Finished with 8 coats of Satin Clear Laquer.

Left Switch Gear

Cockpit - 42,476 miles

Right Switch Gear.

Tank fittings.

Full OEM Tool Kit (courtesy of Franks Emporium)

Service book / Owners Handbook and Keys.

Every MOT since new.

Tax Discs.

V5c (Logbook) with past V5 slips....and get this....SIX former keepers!!

Datatag, Datadot and Alarm stuff.

Some Receipts...

Service items - Silkolene Lubricants only. EBC brake pads F&R, Iridium plugs, Hi-Flo Oil filter, EMCO Air Filter, and Haynes Manual still sealed

Dealer Set-up / PDI Instruction booklet.

Original cans (now polished back up and wrapped away safe).
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
vtwin goody

Re: TheGingerBeardMans' 1999 VTR1000F...

Post by vtwin goody »

Nice bike,love the carbon covers :thumbup: if I could keep mine that clean I,d be very happy
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm more impressed that you managed to post some piccies :lol: You have one very clean and tidy looking VTR there. Nice cans too :thumbup: It must live indoors to keep it away from the Scottish weather or does it wear a Kilt.
==============================Enter the Darkside
TheGingerBeardMan

Thank you Meester Goody, and Meester Carl.

Now....stop it with the compliments.....yer embarrasing me. :oops: :whatever It's not ''clean-clean'' by a lot of you polish happy guys standards, but for it's age, she's doing not too bad at all. I just haven't got the energy nowadays to get it how I want it, so, as long as I keep on top of what I've done, I'll be happy.

There is a small scrape on the left can, under the BlueFlame decal, which occured when the bike was kicked over, but the camera hasn't picked that up. There is also a wee crack beside the left indicator (on the red plastic), where the stalk pushed it, again, when it were kicked over. but even standing beside it, you barely notice it. I ain't a happy bunny for those 2 things, but I'm not touching them to try a repair. You barely notice it unless it's pointed out, so I'll leave it be for the next owner to deal with, should they wish. I can always knock a few quid off the price for the blemishes. - At least they weren't caused by me.

As for it living indoors, If the bike fitted through my back door (oo-er missus), then it'd be in the kitchen - but the cans are too wide, and so it's a no go. :(

All my bikes since moving here have sat either out on the street or round the back, and I have never had any problems.

The Wing and the Storm were under cover on the street, and, well, the rest (in previous posts) is history - Nowadays, the bike is kept in a lock up, and still has the cover thrown over the top to keep the dust off, along with it being locked n' chained, n alarmed n immobilised. Taking nae feckin chances!

Despite living beside the sea, and also riding in all Scottish weathers, lashings of ACF-50 helps keep the main crud away. The only thing I don't like with ACF 50, is that it stains the stainless cans if you get it on there and it dries off - it's a biatch to polish out again.

A kilt? in THIS weather? Jeez, I'd have to stick my finger up my elbow to push my willy out to go for a pee, it'd be that far retreated into my body with the cold. And with my legs? mwahahaha - they called me Vestas a number of years ago....and for good reason! Oh - you meant a kilt for the bike!?? :lol:

OK, if anyone else was brave enough to get this far down without losing the will to live, then please, seriously, no comments are required! Wasn't posted for a head swell session. :oops: :oops: I was just sat, farting about after a few beers, and as Carl has said, AMAZED I managed to figure out how to post pictures.

Disclaimer: I am NOT responsible for anyone deciding they now have a strong urge to jump off a bridge.

:thumbup:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Very Nice Dave, you have put a lot of effort in to keeping that one sweet looking Storm.

Congrats on working out how to post pictures !

As for offers over a £1...

I'll go £2.50, a packet of Hobnobs & a half eaten Jam Doughnut. When can you deliver it ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

O.K. If you don't like compliments on your bike.Yeh ,not bad.At least it's the proper colour.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I know you said no comments required Dave, but you can't put up a post like this and expect no comments IMHO. It's a cracking looking bike and in the best colour in my opinion. Your attention to detail not only shows on your bike, but also in the way you have added your photo's with a short inscription with them, well done. Well done also by getting to grips with posting photo's :thumbup:

You forgot to mention the stainless steel front wheel spindle bolt :wink: :lol:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

dear god what a disaster :lol:

you have lost the top hat washers for the front tank mounts, so god knows what else has been forgotton......... you need to start again and do it all properly :wink: :wink:

other than that, it is a passable example of a red bike

oh ... are you OCD?
AMcQ
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Very impressive! :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well Al he lives in Abberdeen so more likely to be COD than OCD... :Fish1:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:dear god what a disaster :lol:

you have lost the top hat washers for the front tank mounts, so god knows what else has been forgotton......... you need to start again and do it all properly :wink: :wink:

other than that, it is a passable example of a red bike

oh ... are you OCD?

Does such a thing exist? Looking, begrudgingly, nice GBM
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Kev L wrote:........other than that, it is a passable example of a red bike

Does such a thing exist? Looking, begrudgingly, nice GBM
Of course it doesn`t, you can`t pass a red one, they are too fast :wink: :lol:

And very nice indeed GBM :thumbup:
TheGingerBeardMan

Awww shucks - thanks chaps, but, you REALLY didn't have to say all dem nice fings. :oops: Am I OCD? Not really, but can understand why due to the tool kit all laid out, and the service stuff set that way - but it was a wee bit more presentable instead of lumping it all together in a crap light. I took these photos for my ''For Sale'' Folder, when it came to advertising it. Thought it might attract more folk if they see everything (paperwork wise). With sh1t health for this year, I seriously considered selling everything and just leaving me a chair, a bed and something to cook with.

Some of the shitty washers and fittings seen have been replaced with a tad more stainless, and I REALLY want a complete front wheel in the same colour, as the young twonk who fitted me tyres last year was not very careful removing the balance weights from the rim. That took the paint with it, and the front is starting to peel. Not happy. It's cheaper me buying a replacement wheel, than it is getting it powdercoated. But seeing them on the like of ebay, I can't be sure of getting an exact colour match replacement (as I see there are different shades of grey. But not 50)

I did think about getting them done in satin gold (ala ducati), as that really appeals to me. But folk may not want to buy it with gold wheels. :think:

I dunno.

But, enough with the electronic skitters. Thanks for the comments. Now, can I remove the photos now that you've seen em? I can always repost them in the For Sale / Bargain Bin section....

:Beer1:

bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

Tenner and a packet of ginger snaps!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

god thats clean. red granted. but very clean :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: