can mirrors be sexy!?

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
AMCQ46

Re: can mirrors be sexy!?

Post by AMCQ46 »

Thought it was the jagermeister logo
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I like the look of your new mirrors :thumbup:

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

VTR Phoenix wrote:The antlers on a stag also resemble spiritual authority as they above the physical head and grow up to the realm of spirits and also regeneration as they die and grow back bigger and stronger
Wow. Thank you. I didn't know that. As they say, if you want; every day can be a school day.

I'm in the process of rereading Mary Beard's SPQR so this is of particular interest.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm impressed with VTRPhonix's knowledge there. :beer:

As for the mirrors it depends on who's looking in them :biggrin They wont be very sexy with a Dalek's chipolata :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
jezman

Post by jezman »

Hmmm bit of split opinion then :D . Top prize goes to AMCQ for guess the logo on the tank competition :D

couple more pics for phoenix and vtwin i had a play with the bolt on the knuckle and you can get it to fold in if its of use to you.

VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

copied and pasted from wiki

The label on Jägermeister bottles features a glowing Christian cross seen between the antlers of a stag.[10][11] This image is a reference to the two Christian patron saints of hunters, Saint Hubertus and Saint Eustace, both of whom converted to Christianity after experiencing a vision in which they saw a Christian cross between the antlers of a stag.[10][11][12][13]

In the product name on the label, we see one of the few surviving examples of the use of the long s in print.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

jezman wrote:Hmmm bit of split opinion then :D . Top prize goes to AMCQ for guess the logo on the tank competition :D

couple more pics for phoenix and vtwin i had a play with the bolt on the knuckle and you can get it to fold in if its of use to you.

Can they be tilted up and down by the mirror only?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

How sad that Jägermeister can't even come up with their own unique logo design....f...ing cheapskates. Can't be classed as a unique product then. Maybe next time they grab a Swastika from India LOL
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I don't know how copyright law stands in regards to religious/historical symbols.
jezman

Post by jezman »

No Phoenix adjustment is on 2 knuckles and the mirror slides in and out on the arm.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

jezman wrote:No Phoenix adjustment is on 2 knuckles and the mirror slides in and out on the arm.

Cheers Jezman. How is view ability in different riding positions. I need to switch riding positions while riding due to old back injury and this leads to a mirror change while riding. Does anyone know if the 04-08 R1 mirrors would fit, they were great and could just told them in while filtering and back out again with no stability issues
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

cheers mate think they will be added to the shopping list :thumbup:
jezman

Post by jezman »

no probs vtwin. Not sure phoenix i could see them being bit awkward if you were wanting to move them to different positions on a regular basis. Not sure on the R1 mirrors sorry.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:fecking great Bambi. :D oh and shite mirrors, sorry my opinion only.
I'll not comment on the Christian Deer but the mirrors have a certain attraction. They look better than the standard mirror extenders which, IMHO look even more naff. To actually have a reasonable rear field of view is something I crave.

CBF Mirrors are awesome
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
artee

Post by artee »

VTR Phoenix wrote:The deer and cross referee to placidus who was a pagan roman that enjoyed the hunt. While out hunting stag (which was the symbol used for pagens) he came across a magnificent stag, through the stags eyes he saw the light of Christ and Christ spoke to him through the deer. Placidus then coverted to the new religion and his name to St Eustace. The image of the stag and cross refers to this.
Or.. it could just be a plug for Jagermeister.

Roger