can mirrors be sexy!?

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
jezman

can mirrors be sexy!?

Post by jezman »

sorry everyone not been on for ages but keep popping on to see what everyone is up to. Nice to see everyone carrying on the quality builds!!!! Can mirrors be sexy!!!!? ........... i do believe they are now :D came back from assen GP and noticed my offside mirror was cracked straight line bottom to top!! god knows how possibly caught while parked but who knows wasn't even out of place to notice when i got on bike. had been riding for about an hour before i noticed, Anyway i had seen these mirrors on the old ebay months ago so took the plunge and ordered them. Well pleased!!! please comments welcome but they are from Italy and solid aluminium fully adjustable including extend out!!!! so can see past elbows!! and have real glass mirrors ..... not the bottom of chinese take away tubs like the cheap ones, Not the cheapest but worth the money i think.

vtwin goody

Re: can mirrors be sexy!?

Post by vtwin goody »

Been looking at these myself,about £70ish I think,look good mate do they fold in or are they a static fitment just the standard ones on mine already scrape the wall when getting it in the gate
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Sexy ? Nah don't think so. They look like a Daleks chipolata extension... :lol: :lol:

EXTENSIONATE ! EXTENSIONATE !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I was looking at those as well and yes quite expensive. I didn't want to spend that sort of money without knowing what they were like. Fitment, suitability, sturdy, durability etc.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
jezman

Post by jezman »

Yep vtwin they were £74 + £10 postage from italy :roll: came in about 4 days really good quality though!! you can adjust the stiffness so you could pivot to fold them in just under a rubber on the knuckle above where it fits to screen will take some close up pics when i get home to show better. Fitment is easy phoenix straight swap off with the old straight on with the new. they come as singles with 2 bases which are handed. really sturdy fit. Obviously the mirror bit smaller than original as its shaped and more streamlined but still can see nicely. Everything tightens up nicely so no movement not too much vibrating..... but hey your fitting them to a storm so what doesn't vibrate!! :D
jezman

Post by jezman »

Dalek chipolata extensions :wtf: !!?? mac bit worried about what parties you are going to... or what you watching on the tinternet :lol: :lol:
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

jezman wrote:Yep vtwin they were £74 + £10 postage from italy :roll: came in about 4 days really good quality though!! you can adjust the stiffness so you could pivot to fold them in just under a rubber on the knuckle above where it fits to screen will take some close up pics when i get home to show better. Fitment is easy phoenix straight swap off with the old straight on with the new. they come as singles with 2 bases which are handed. really sturdy fit. Obviously the mirror bit smaller than original as its shaped and more streamlined but still can see nicely. Everything tightens up nicely so no movement not too much vibrating..... but hey your fitting them to a storm so what doesn't vibrate!! :D
:thumbup:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Thanks for that, worth the punt you would say?
jezman

Post by jezman »

Yep i would say so i am happy with them. will put some close up more detailed pics this evening when i get back so you get the full monty if you want to decide.
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

jezman wrote:sorry everyone not been on for ages but keep popping on to see what everyone is up to. Nice to see everyone carrying on the quality builds!!!! Can mirrors be sexy!!!!? ........... i do believe they are now :D came back from assen GP and noticed my offside mirror was cracked straight line bottom to top!! god knows how possibly caught while parked but who knows wasn't even out of place to notice when i got on bike. had been riding for about an hour before i noticed, Anyway i had seen these mirrors on the old ebay months ago so took the plunge and ordered them. Well pleased!!! please comments welcome but they are from Italy and solid aluminium fully adjustable including extend out!!!! so can see past elbows!! and have real glass mirrors ..... not the bottom of chinese take away tubs like the cheap ones, Not the cheapest but worth the money i think.

sorry but what the f is that on your tank :confused
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

fecking great Bambi. :D oh and shite mirrors, sorry my opinion only.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

bigtwinthing wrote:fecking great Bambi. :D oh and shite mirrors, sorry my opinion only.
I'll not comment on the Christian Deer but the mirrors have a certain attraction. They look better than the standard mirror extenders which, IMHO look even more naff. To actually have a reasonable rear field of view is something I crave.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Watty

Post by Watty »

Best thing in the pic is the quality skip :lol: . Sorry 8)
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

The deer and cross referee to placidus who was a pagan roman that enjoyed the hunt. While out hunting stag (which was the symbol used for pagens) he came across a magnificent stag, through the stags eyes he saw the light of Christ and Christ spoke to him through the deer. Placidus then coverted to the new religion and his name to St Eustace. The image of the stag and cross refers to this.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

The antlers on a stag also resemble spiritual authority as they above the physical head and grow up to the realm of spirits and also regeneration as they die and grow back bigger and stronger