My std Blu.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTRid3r

My std Blu.

Post by VTRid3r »

Not had her long and she is already off the road due to rectifier problem and overcooked battery. New rectifier arrived and tested fine but need new battery (nxt wk). Anyway. Here she is. I have lots of ideas for her starting with tinted black screen, black forks, rear sub frame, black swing arm and possibly Oil casing. Belly pan needs tidying up and respraying but not sure on colour. The more colour options I think of the more I think it will look like a doner from another bike. Whats ur ideas? Wheels need doing to but that will be later.
Anyway here she is. A 2000 with 17k on her.
fabiostar

Re: My std Blu.

Post by fabiostar »

Tidy looking bike to start with.. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Thanks Fabio. Not really had the chance to strip her down and really go to town on her. Really looking forward to it tho.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

id be getting those pipes off and let the big girl breath a bit :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Tidy looking bike. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

fabiostar wrote:id be getting those pipes off and let the big girl breath a bit :thumbup:
It's on the plan. As soon as funds turn up. Might even come across a set on here. I've noticed a few in the wants and sales that have sold in the past. Will keep an eye out.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Probably my favourite colour Storm that, The paintwork looks immaculate, though I can see slight difference in shade with the belly pan...and look at that front disc, how clean is that. 8O CCT's should be your priority otherwise you may not get to appreciate the sound of new cans. Stopper mod costs nothing apart from a bit of time and will give you piece of mind.

Standard storm is a blank canvas waiting for mods. :biggrin So what else have you got planned for her.
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Thanks Cyber. The belly pan is a doner and defo needs so be resprayed. Lots to do to her. The usual cheapest to start off with like pegs, levers, mini indicators etc. Cut tail tidy down cos that this is monstrous lol. My friend has a Storm and his is immaculate. Prime example in showroom condition. Love to get her to that condition. Lots of work. He also sprayed his screen instead of buying one and u really cnt tell the difference. A superb job so thats number 1 on the list I think. As for cct's I take it as standard. I know nothing of these and wouldn't have a clue what to buy how much and the benefits. A few on here have mentioned them. A little research there I feel. Thanks for the interest. As I do bits to her I will post pics up. :)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRid3r wrote:Thanks Cyber. The belly pan is a doner and defo needs so be resprayed. Lots to do to her. The usual cheapest to start off with like pegs, levers, mini indicators etc. Cut tail tidy down cos that this is monstrous lol. My friend has a Storm and his is immaculate. Prime example in showroom condition. Love to get her to that condition. Lots of work. He also sprayed his screen instead of buying one and u really cnt tell the difference. A superb job so thats number 1 on the list I think. As for cct's I take it as standard. I know nothing of these and wouldn't have a clue what to buy how much and the benefits. A few on here have mentioned them. A little research there I feel. Thanks for the interest. As I do bits to her I will post pics up. :)
DO the ccts before anything. get reading up on them they could save your engine.

edit,, make that they WILL save your engine.
Stevo Kifaru

Post by Stevo Kifaru »

fabiostar wrote:
VTRid3r wrote:Thanks Cyber. The belly pan is a doner and defo needs so be resprayed. Lots to do to her. The usual cheapest to start off with like pegs, levers, mini indicators etc. Cut tail tidy down cos that this is monstrous lol. My friend has a Storm and his is immaculate. Prime example in showroom condition. Love to get her to that condition. Lots of work. He also sprayed his screen instead of buying one and u really cnt tell the difference. A superb job so thats number 1 on the list I think. As for cct's I take it as standard. I know nothing of these and wouldn't have a clue what to buy how much and the benefits. A few on here have mentioned them. A little research there I feel. Thanks for the interest. As I do bits to her I will post pics up. :)
DO the ccts before anything. get reading up on them they could save your engine.

edit,, make that they WILL save your engine.
I have to concur, your first priority should be CCTs, either the stopper mod or manual (after a long consideration for myself, the manual adjusters seemed to be best) all body work mods should come secondary, no point in having immaculate paintwork after your engine has detonated from the inside.....
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

For more info see read me for new members below

==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRid3r wrote: Anyway here she is. A 2000 with 17k on her.
Your bike looks like a good find, especially with the low mileage :thumbup:

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Fastest colour for sure :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Once you start you wont stop !!
Trust me :lol: