Not as Fugly as Lloydie

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
bigtwinthing

Not as Fugly as Lloydie

Post by bigtwinthing »

not quite. This was after 4 hrs of cleaning with the underside and downpipes still to do.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Re: Not as Fugly as Lloydie

Post by VTRDark »

Argh you got the White wheels back. Considering it;s a touring bike I'm surprised it does not have a full fairing. Looks OK though, nothing wrong with it. Nice and clean :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Tbh that looks nice in white btt [THUMBS UP SIGN]
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

a tad Essex, but I rather like it. i'm sure it'll be spotless when your finished with it Paul..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

That looks good to me.But a tad too white. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Back on two wheels Paul, looks tidy mate. :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Looks nice and will be comfortable for the wife on the back, so good choice :thumbup:
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

same as mine, but mine is silver.

have you had it apart yet, I found the swing arm on mine to be rusty where the two halves are joined by a seam weld, also have you fitted a sparkbright LED monitor to it yet.

These are recommended as CBF's have a habit of cooking alternators, even to the point Honda have extended the warranty on these parts to 7 years. This will indicate the voltage coming out of it, and give you warning of a pending failure.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Looks nice & managed to get a bin in the background :lol:

Not long now before you get a Varadero :wink: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

were white wheels the key to the deal :lol:
AMcQ
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

ha ha i do like white wheels and to be honest they are a bit crap and a bugger to clean. It does need some TLC but it rides surprisingly good i have to say. Its super comfy and does sound good on the Carbon Quills. i had a blast yesterday and was pulling 136 a treat
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You need some Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel Paul. It's not the cheapest stuff but there's not much better. Spray on and leave to soak in for a few minutes then rinse off. Any heavily soiled parts may need a light agitation with the supplied brush. It gets rid of iron particles from the atmosphere and everything and is also very good on brake components. I'd use it all the time if it wasn't for the price. Did I mention its eco-friendly too like all Bilts products. And they are British so you would be supporting British trade. I like to support British trade. They are only a small firm, not a massive company or anything and they are very helpful.
http://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning- ... auto-wheel

I now use Surfex as it's cheaper but it's not as good for wheels. Got 5L of the stuff and use it on everything from degreasing sprocket covers and engine components to cleaning bits of grease of the carpet where I have walked it in the house LOL It's also good for cleaning oil and petrol off paving slabs and bricks. Stick some in a pressure washer and you will be laughing. Never use it neat though. It can be watered down by 90% depending on what strength you want. I use a 20 Surfix /80 water or 30/70 as my general all-round bike degreasant and cleaner. It will leave Muc off pissing in the wind.
http://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning- ... /surfex-hd

I love Bilt Hamber products, they work really well. I've only ever had one I didn't get on with and that was Auto-Balm but if you fancy some wax then I would highly recommend the Finnis-wax which is your typical Carnauba solid wax but not too solid. Very easy to apply and only a small amount required. It will last 3 months on the bike before it needs a top up. I also like Hydra-wax which is my favourite. It's a watery liquid wax and really quick and easy to apply and wipe off. It doesn't leave White marks on black plastic or your seat either. Actually I used to give my plastics and seat wipe over too and it smells of tropical fruit juice. They supply an applicator and micro-fibre cloth with the wax products.

Two coats of finnis and a coat of hydra and you bike will be gleaming and beading like crazy. Either one or both is good enough though. I used to go a bit crazy. Lloydie likes the hydra and used to use it on Kermit as it's so quick and easy to apply.
http://www.bilthamber.com/waxes-polishes-and-clay-bars/

Some more piss in the following thread.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... it=beading
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

bigtwinthing wrote:not quite. This was after 4 hrs of cleaning with the underside and downpipes still to do.
:cool2 :thumbup:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Wicky wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:not quite. This was after 4 hrs of cleaning with the underside and downpipes still to do.
:cool2 :thumbup:

i may have to get a chequered band for my helmet, cars do seem to get out of the way as you come up behind them, thats not a bad thing though eh! :thumbup:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:You need some Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel Paul. It's not the cheapest stuff but there's not much better. Spray on and leave to soak in for a few minutes then rinse off. Any heavily soiled parts may need a light agitation with the supplied brush. It gets rid of iron particles from the atmosphere and everything and is also very good on brake components. I'd use it all the time if it wasn't for the price. Did I mention its eco-friendly too like all Bilts products. And they are British so you would be supporting British trade. I like to support British trade. They are only a small firm, not a massive company or anything and they are very helpful.
http://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning- ... auto-wheel

I now use Surfex as it's cheaper but it's not as good for wheels. Got 5L of the stuff and use it on everything from degreasing sprocket covers and engine components to cleaning bits of grease of the carpet where I have walked it in the house LOL It's also good for cleaning oil and petrol off paving slabs and bricks. Stick some in a pressure washer and you will be laughing. Never use it neat though. It can be watered down by 90% depending on what strength you want. I use a 20 Surfix /80 water or 30/70 as my general all-round bike degreasant and cleaner. It will leave Muc off pissing in the wind.
http://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning- ... /surfex-hd

I love Bilt Hamber products, they work really well. I've only ever had one I didn't get on with and that was Auto-Balm but if you fancy some wax then I would highly recommend the Finnis-wax which is your typical Carnauba solid wax but not too solid. Very easy to apply and only a small amount required. It will last 3 months on the bike before it needs a top up. I also like Hydra-wax which is my favourite. It's a watery liquid wax and really quick and easy to apply and wipe off. It doesn't leave White marks on black plastic or your seat either. Actually I used to give my plastics and seat wipe over too and it smells of tropical fruit juice. They supply an applicator and micro-fibre cloth with the wax products.

Two coats of finnis and a coat of hydra and you bike will be gleaming and beading like crazy. Either one or both is good enough though. I used to go a bit crazy. Lloydie likes the hydra and used to use it on Kermit as it's so quick and easy to apply.
http://www.bilthamber.com/waxes-polishes-and-clay-bars/

Some more piss in the following thread.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... it=beading
ordered Carl :thumbup: