Hugger options

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Demonic69

Hugger options

Post by Demonic69 »

Hi all
No, this is not a pick-up line...
I need a hugger for the Storm (or a chain guard at the minimum for the MOT) but can really afford, or justify a new one on a bike that needs more general tidying. I just missed one on eBay last week but they don't seem to come up often. I was wondering if huggers from any other bikes fit? I think it used to have one as it's got a bracket on the brake side of the swingarm.

Cheers
popkat

Re: Hugger options

Post by popkat »

you don't need a chain guard for the MOT, although the tester may chose to give you an advisory notice. I wouldn't as I think you'd probably already know it wasn't fitted.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

popkat wrote:you don't need a chain guard for the MOT, although the tester may chose to give you an advisory notice. I wouldn't as I think you'd probably already know it wasn't fitted.

That's good to know.
I had an EXUP 1000 failed on a missing chain guard a few years ago! Cheeky git!

Cheers
CruxGNZ

Post by CruxGNZ »

I found that a hugger off a Triumph Daytona 955i worked. You just needed to make a simple bracket. Here's a couple pictures of the hugger. It hasn't been on the bike in a while, so it's kind of dirty. Also a couple pictures of what it looks like on my VTR.