VTR Cafe Fighter Project

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Ant

Re: VTR Cafe Fighter Project

Post by Ant »

Hello Carl, yeah it's all torqued up and the bearing bars are touching the brackets so the play is basically the dog bone and other linkage sliding along the bearing bars.
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Been busy today designing a new sub-frame for the bike. Wasn't happy with the butchered old one so thought I'd make a new one / give myself a whole load more work....

Here's what I came up with, designed in solidworks if there are any other CAD nerds out there:

Gonna be popping over the the machine shop I used to work in tomorrow to make it.
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
redpig

Post by redpig »

Here's what I came up with, designed in solidworks if there are any other CAD out there.

Yeah mate I use Unigraphics
ook
Ant

Post by Ant »

Ahh thought there might be some other Cad monkeys on here! What kinda stuff do you draw?
redpig

Post by redpig »

model all sorts, mostly dies, tools, jigs&fixtures that sort of thing and drawings on top. Give us a shout if you need anything knocking up.
ook
Ant

Post by Ant »

Had a bit of time yesterday so finished this off:

Also cleaned up the rear sprocket carrier, which was feckin filthy!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good ant, really looking forward to seeing it finished, that paint really covers well... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good work Ant, that mounting bracket and caliper looks lovely :clap:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That paint is fantastic. How are you getting such a clean edge around mounting holes. Are you putting a nut, bolt and washers through before painting or something. And this is all rattle canned is it. I've got to say I'm very impressed. Callipers would look good in Black. Not the same speckled finish but plain Gloss or Satin and and maybe just the text in the same speckled finish you have there. Did you get the linkages sorted.

I've never played in Solidworks but I have Autodesk Alias Design and ZBrush here ready to install. Unfortunately there is no OSX version of Solidworks otherwise I would have it. I think I have Autocad and Archcad here too somewhere. Too many software's to learn so I stick with what I know when I want any 3D which is Lightwave. ZBrush is teasing me though. Mudbox I would like to get as I fancy having a go at clay modelling rather than polys and Nurbs. But anything I do is aimed more towards film and animation rather than industrial CAD. Maybe I should go down the industrial CAD route as it could possibly land me a decent job as long as it's nowhere near Microsoft, but I fear I would get bored of it. Not enough creative freedom and having to follow somebody else's blueprints along with tight deadlines.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Ant

Post by Ant »

Cheers pineapple and Chris!

Hello Carl, its just masking tape and a stanly knife, simple really. The paint is the easiest stuff to use, you really can't mess it up. It's difficult to make it run as it's so thick and if you over do it doesn't matter.

As for the CAD i love solidworks, it's great for industrial stuff, and that's what I love doing.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Been some progress today got the rear shok spring powdercoated so assembled that and have now got a rolling chassis! :thumbup:

Also got a new home for the her and a bit more room to work on it so hopefully progress will increase!

Ant

Post by Ant »

Spent a bit of time on the sub frame today, here's the progress so far. Need to weld it up as is, then test fit it and check it all out and add in the fittings for all the other bits and pieces.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

She's coming together now Ant, nice job :clap:
I like what you are doing with the rear subframe :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

loving that subframe :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

are you going to tig weld that frame? its looks great.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!