AMCQ46 KH125 thread

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
AMCQ46

Re: AMCQ46 KH125 thread

Post by AMCQ46 »

sirch345 wrote:You Rebel Al with the open face helmet :wink: :lol:
Chris.
well spotted........ sad git that I am, I bought a retro helmet to go with retro bike :D flies in teeth and windburn
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Watty wrote:Bloody lurvly Al :thumbup: :thumbup:
cheers watty, its not as clean as your VFR , but it is also much older!

the photos make it look better than it is, there is small rust spots on all the chrome and a scratch on the tank, but they are just proof of genuine age and use, not a showroom renovation
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Watty wrote:Bloody lurvly Al :thumbup: :thumbup:
cheers watty, its not as clean as your VFR , but it is also much older!

the photos make it look better than it is, there is small rust spots on all the chrome and a scratch on the tank, but they are just proof of genuine age and use, not a showroom renovation
Bloody hell Al, the Viffer I tatty compared to me Storm but I shall work me magic on her over winter! :D . Like you say, the Kwak is way older and it's good to see unpainted original bikes :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
sirch345 wrote:You Rebel Al with the open face helmet :wink: :lol:
Chris.
well spotted........ sad git that I am, I bought a retro helmet to go with retro bike :D flies in teeth and windburn
It had to be done :)

What is it like to ride Al :?:
I've drooled over bikes that I've seen of the same models I had when growing up, then I wonder if I would think they were as good as I remember now that technology has moved on since then,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

whats it like to ride???

well it has marginal bottom end torque, it vibrates, it has crap brakes, but above 6000rpm is buzzes away like a demented wasp and you have to love keeping it there. it also corners on the smallest nudge of the bars.. biggest frustration is not having enough power to overtake normal traffic unless there is a long clear straight, as once you slow down it takes an age to get back up to full speed again.

great fun for 30 or 40 mile rides just to clear your head..... whereas on the storm I wouldn't even bother to do 30 miles , as it takes too long getting kitted up
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:whats it like to ride???

well it has marginal bottom end torque, it vibrates, it has crap brakes, but above 6000rpm is buzzes away like a demented wasp and you have to love keeping it there. it also corners on the smallest nudge of the bars.. biggest frustration is not having enough power to overtake normal traffic unless there is a long clear straight, as once you slow down it takes an age to get back up to full speed again.

great fun for 30 or 40 mile rides just to clear your head..... whereas on the storm I wouldn't even bother to do 30 miles , as it takes too long getting kitted up
You've covered the things I had been thinking might be off putting, and made the little bike sound like great fun to ride, even after being used to riding a bike 10 times it's engine size. So that speaks for itself.
It probably makes you smile when you get it right, as more input is needed to get the best from the little beauty, thanks for the reply Al :thumbup:

Chris.