pineapple express

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
kenmoore

Re: pineapple express

Post by kenmoore »

It's always good to see a bike in the condition that you have got it to.

Looks great!

I have gained a lot of satisfaction from getting my bike to where it is as I'm sure you have.

Now go out and ride it ! :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

kenmoore wrote:It's always good to see a bike in the condition that you have got it to.

Looks great!

I have gained a lot of satisfaction from getting my bike to where it is as I'm sure you have.

Now go out and ride it ! :beer: :beer:
just waiting on insurance mate, i'm itching to go for a ride... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Loving your work AP...
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice................. I love yellow :D
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bloody hell photobucket has messed with my pictures.....doh!!!!
at least they ain't posted the one of carl in a gimp mask..... :wink:
time for a little update.
this morning I had a chance to throw a few more parts at the bike, I've had these parts for ages, I just hadn't got round to fitting them, so with the head race bearing clonking and the front brakes squeaking, I thought it was time to sort some issues out, the jeckel was there to help, he did steal half a dozen freshly baked scones tho...... :lol:
checked the head race bearings, they needed plenty of grease and a little tighten up, I will replace them with all balls taper bearings over winter.
then it was front wheel off, swap over the standard discs for some sexy wavy armstrongs.
off with the oem calipers, a little dremmel work on the lower fork break mounting points was needed to make the freshly refurbed sp2 calipers fit, thanks to AL for smuggling them into the country and jonesy for the refurb and s/s bolts..........top lads... :thumbup:
fitted the calipers with brembo pads, then we fitted some carbo look hel brake lines and clutch line, then some sexy ASV black levers, top quality levers.....
put it all back together, we finished with bleeding the brakes and clutch, i'm using motul rbf600 factory line fluid.
bloody hate bleeding, in the end we desided to wait and finish the job tomorrow using carls colostomy bag..... :lol:
big thanks to carl the carb, aka the cyberman, carlos the jeckel, my fav spanner monkey...... :wink:
oh and I also finished trimming the c/f seat cowl, it's still not perfect, but miles better than what it was.
over winter I plan on addressing the scabby fork lowers and get them sent off to rodger to work his magic, then I need to go see mac and sort out the oil lines.
I've still got to fit the rear gold caliper and wavy disc/brembo pads and hel line.
but that can wait a little longer, i'll do those when I fit the gold rearsets.... :wink:
last but not least I need to finish the gpi/in dash project I started months ago, oh and then theres the fitting of a usb charger, it's never bloody ending this malarkey..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks great :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Those levers have really nice action. Shame they are so bloody expensive for what they are.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice work Marty. The calipers look like new now :thumbup:
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

Sexy Marty :thumbup: , bikes not bad either :lol: , for yellow :? .
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Looking really good Marty, for a yellow one :lol: keep up the good work :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

:Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
if it wasn't funny i'd cry, so today carl pops round with his colostomy bag thingy, and we bleed the brakes and clutch, all goe's fairly well, although the clutch lever does go all the way back and touches the bar end, I will cable tie both levers back over night, I also swapped out the oem disc bolts for ti bolts, torqued up the front spindle, caliper bolts, tightened up some of the jubilee clips on the samco hose's, as I have a coolant fluid leak, only a small leak, but i'm hoping this solves the problem, carl also hopefully sorted out the oil leak from the rear cct.
then it was fairings on and off home went carl.
now here's the funny/bad part. I start to wheel the bike into it's little parking space at the end of the garden, and when the bikes on almost full lock to the left, the ferking asv brake lever hits the fairing and activates the front brake............. :twisted:
I can't remember if I bought these levers with a cbr6 m/c in mind, I will have to check the serial numbers. I have a spare set of titax, which are deffo for a storm, so later today i'll put them on.
i'll hold the asv's back for the blade front end, where I will be using a cbr6 m/c and a blackbird clutch m/c.
iirc that's what I bought the asv'for........ :oops:
I reckon the blue fairings will have to be trimmed when the time comes..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

looking good mate
wish i could post pictures on here
mine came from colchester a few years ago looking rough
and i striped it and cleaned it and a mate got some bits sprayed for me
then put back together and i love it(yellow)
the wheels have been done for 3 ears now and some one thought they had just been done again :D

wish i still had my two brothers though
much louder than my reames
but they where cut down as low level cans :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bazzashadow wrote:looking good mate
wish i could post pictures on here
mine came from colchester a few years ago looking rough
and i striped it and cleaned it and a mate got some bits sprayed for me
then put back together and i love it(yellow)
the wheels have been done for 3 ears now and some one thought they had just been done again :D

wish i still had my two brothers though
much louder than my reames
but they where cut down as low level cans :D
it's easy enough to post pictures mate, log into photobucket, it's free to get an account and it only take a few mins, then upload your pics, once uploaded to photobucket, all you need to do is one click on the fourth link down on the right hand side of the screen, the IMG.....link, that will copy it and then you paste it to the thread on here and your picture will appear, once you've done it once, you'll see how easy it is.
it would be good to see some pics of your bike mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

don`t get all this photobucket, flicker ,facebook and twitter. may be i`m showing my age :lol:
would love to show the bike off
and i hace a bsa c15 with a twist
most web sites its just click and add
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

If you haven't many photos just use http://tinypic.com to upload your pics.

Any joy with contacting the wheel builder?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts