pineapple express

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
agentpineapple

pineapple express

Post by agentpineapple »

I finally thought i'd put together a keeper, I won't be selling this any time soon. its only got 11.000 miles on the clock, late model bike, the front end was a little furry and unloved/neglected, but after a little strip down and clean up, the bikes almost as good as new, I will need to get some replacement oil lines in the future as I've never seen this amount of corrosion before, I think the bike was ridden thru a winter without any protection, or washing down after a ride... :roll:
all it would have taken is a can of acf50 and it all could have been avoided.
anyway I've pieced together some nice parts over the years, must of which have been a result of lots of wheeler dealing, anyone who knows me will understand... :lol:
heres a picture of the bike when I got it....
the different colour rear wheel I was told, was because of running over an exhaust that had fallen off of a van and buckold the original black wheel.
so I set about cleaning it up, I had a spare black rear wheel ready to go on, I sold the lowers and managed to get a colour coded oem bellypan.
then with the help of carl,lloydie, Jamie and chris the bike was checked over top to bottom, this included greasing the shock linkages and fitting a lovely Scandinavian rear shock.
all the exhaust nuts were sprayed for several days with wd40, and thankfully they undone without any problems.
then we removed the pairs emissions system and fitted manual cct's.
followed by more cleaning
I then had to re-fit the original decals as the previous owner removed them because he didn't like them... :roll:
tbh it's amazing how much just putting the black rear wheel on makes,
I added a few rim stickers and a fender extender to reduce the crap that had been thrown up onto the front of the engine.
I also made some more simple changes like clear indicator lenses and rear light.
but I've enjoyed the little things like finding some cheap replacement fuel tank rubbers.
the bike came with the original toolkit and service book, even a Honda owners card.
of course the exhaust makes a big difference to how the bike looks and sounds. you can check them out via this youtube link.

the comfy seat also makes a huge difference, it was done by alastair else of elsemade.com, check him out, he offers a forum discount.
so now it has a new chain and tyres ready for summer
there's still a few jobs to do, re-fit the main fairing, torque up a few bolts, adjust the carbs and fit the carb sync hose's, fit a hugger and qat tube, maybe some new grips, and a gear position indicator, and not forgetting those oil lines at some point in the future, so yes its still a work in progress but its almost there. I just need to sort out the insurance... :crazy:
every now and then i'll add an update with a picky or two, i'd like to thank carl again for all his help.... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
grumpyfrog

Re: pineapple express

Post by grumpyfrog »

Looking very clean there indeed. For one moment I thought you were going to keep the fairings off 8O
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

grumpyfrog wrote:Looking very clean there indeed. For one moment I thought you were going to keep the fairings off 8O
I've toyed with it in the past, but I prefer the bike fully faired.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Looking smart! :thumbup: Are you still using the spondon framed one as well?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks like a keeper :-)
Hope you've used samco hose clamps or they will split !!!!
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Very tidy looking bike mate. :thumbup:

So when can I bring mine round, needs a few bits tidying up. :beer:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Looking good marty :thumbup: be good to see it finished and in the flesh
Watty

Post by Watty »

Looking good mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What a load of crap those Samco hoses are. I'm not impressed with the fit. A couple of them needed trimming down to fit :eek2 and there was a couple of hose clamps missing. I think the factory hoses are much better, they just need a bit of rubber protection to get some colour back into them and to, well, err....protect them. The originals are probably more harder wearing, more heat resistant and easier to slide on and off. Samco hoses are for tarts. :lol: I don't see the benefit unless your on a GP bike.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well done Marty, and all your helpers :) :clap: :clap:

It looks a lot better with the back wheel being black IMO 8) Nice job :thumbup:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:
What a load of crap those Samco hoses are. I'm not impressed with the fit. A couple of them needed trimming down to fit :eek2 and there was a couple of hose clamps missing. I think the factory hoses are much better, they just need a bit of rubber protection to get some colour back into them and to, well, err....protect them. The originals are probably more harder wearing, more heat resistant and easier to slide on and off. Samco hoses are for tarts. :lol: I don't see the benefit unless your on a GP bike.

don't sit on the fence carl, tell us what you really think.... :lol:
yes two of the hose's needed trimming, and there was one jubilee clip missing, which didn't impress me either, but they will last longer than the standard hose's they are thicker like their owner and oh so lovely, oh and carl, when another one of your so called fantastic standard hoses is shagged AGAIN I will supply you with another one AGAIN.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote:
cybercarl wrote:

don't sit on the fence carl, tell us what you really think.... :lol:
yes two of the hose's needed trimming, and there was one jubilee clip missing, which didn't impress me either, but they will last longer than the standard hose's they are thicker like their owner and oh so lovely, oh and carl, when another one of your so called fantastic standard hoses is shagged AGAIN I will supply you with another one AGAIN.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I thought Samco hoses normally have a very good reputation :eh:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh that was a bit of a rant wasn't it. Sorry!!! It was a bit of a faff fitting them and I guess I'm still stewing :lol: They do look nice though :biggrin

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

time for another update.
almost there, still need to go over some nuts and bolts, torqueing them up.
this morning I re-adjusted the end cans so they're a bit closer to the numberplate, I also re-adjusted the numberplate as i'd fitted it slightly wonky... :oops:
then I fitted the ermax hugger, the instruction were laughable, something like, attach to the left side then attach to the right side, they only provided one cable tie and one plastic nut and bolt, bloody useless.
then I fitted some more carbon fibre
I then put the main fairing back on and had to sort out one of the front indi's as it was not sitting right on the rubber extender, good old super glue to the rescue... :thumbup:
I also fitted the extended mirrors
still to do.....
order and fit big jubilee clips for the shock adjusters
tidy up top yoke
torque a few bolts
fit the gear position indicator and quick action throttle tube
I also have to re-adjust one of the c/f protectors as it isn't sitting correctly
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Looking good mate, almost ready for riding. :thumbup: