the story so far....

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
playerone

the story so far....

Post by playerone »

Well as most of you know I sent the red beast down the road in Wales a couple of years ago :evil: and recently I've been on a bit of a spending spree gathering some parts to get it back up and running :thumbup: to I finally made a start.......woohoo :lol: :lol:
Started out like this -
and stayed like that for almost a year and a half until recently it went to this -
and then this -
This morning I took the newly powdercoated wheel and new spring to a garage and left with these -
and set about starting the rebuild :thumbup:

Powdercoated single sider fitted -
and the USD front end -
and finished off with a newly powdercoated subframe -
and this is how it's looking after todays little endeavor -
Unfortunately the front end will have to come off again as I was led to believe it had come off a firestorm but unless I've done something wrong ( which is entirely possible :crazy: ) it only has about an inch of play lock to lock 8O :(
darkember

Re: the story so far....

Post by darkember »

Looking good :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Just dont have it in red :biggrin
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looking good there. looks like it should go round corners now :D
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Nice start to the rebuild
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Like it! - Don't the rads have to move back a tad or two to give you a bit more steering?

What plans have you got for routing the exhaust with the SSA?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

About time :lol: Have you checked the steering with the rads out the way.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They look like SP1 forks to me. For my 954 front end I made a couple of brackets up to move the rads back by about 10mm. Really simple to do the top but you need to grind and play about with the bottom brackets as well. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
simo

Post by simo »

Aye well it just shows ,it's worthwhile chewing on things instead of just ripping things apart. Looks like you've made a lot of progress today. :thumbup:
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
playerone

Post by playerone »

Wicky wrote:Like it! - Don't the rads have to move back a tad or two to give you a bit more steering?

What plans have you got for routing the exhaust with the SSA?
D'oh, knew there was something I was supposed to do but couldn't for the life of me remember :oops:
The exhausts, well got a Remus race thingy -
set of high level link pipes and a pair of carbon twin port cans but I know an underseat would look so much better :?
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Looking excellent! I have plans to do this swingarm conversion on mine, I have already been offered a swingarm and powder coated wheels from a friend who was lined up to do hers but the bike got stolen first.

She has had the swingarm cut out and welded by a pro ali welder to clear the exhaust, so I can use original pipes apparently if I want.

She said something about moving the shock slightly on the swingarm? Did you have to do that?

Please keep the pics coming!
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
playerone

Post by playerone »

mattycoops43 wrote:Looking excellent! I have plans to do this swingarm conversion on mine, I have already been offered a swingarm and powder coated wheels from a friend who was lined up to do hers but the bike got stolen first.

She has had the swingarm cut out and welded by a pro ali welder to clear the exhaust, so I can use original pipes apparently if I want.

She said something about moving the shock slightly on the swingarm? Did you have to do that?

Please keep the pics coming!
I got lucky and got the swingarm off a firestorm so it had all the work done to it :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Player if you don't use that header exhaust I want first dibs :-)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good matey, i know dynamically the sssa is not as good as the standard set up, but by god it looks cool....... :thumbup:
keep up the good work..........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking good so far :clap: at least you can see some progress in the right direction.

I know you said the SSSA come off a Firestorm, but have you checked that both wheels are inline :?:

Chris.
playerone

Post by playerone »

sirch345 wrote:It's looking good so far :clap: at least you can see some progress in the right direction.

I know you said the SSSA come off a Firestorm, but have you checked that both wheels are inline :?:

Chris.
I got as far as fitting the front end and called it a day so all the checking and lock to lock clearances etc still need doing