SP2 Swing arm project

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Gaggenau

SP2 Swing arm project

Post by Gaggenau »

So this is as far as i have got with the swap, i do have the exhaust system back on, pegs and brakes etc, so the pic is a little out of date,

If any body has any idea where i can get some high mount link pipes that would be much appreaciated, there was some on ebay, but i was out bid by a tenner!!!!!
agentpineapple

Re: SP2 Swing arm project

Post by agentpineapple »

looks good buddy, which shock have you used, and how tough was it to fit?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I agree, that SP arm does look the business :thumbup:

Keep up the good work,

Chris.
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

Spanish,

At the moment I have the Ohlins that was for the bike originally, but if i cant find a way of shortening it by 10mm it will have to change, as it is with no rider sitting on it, the engine tie bar sits on the exhaust system, with rider on its spaced out by 10mm, im hoping with a softer spring in it, this will be sorted as also the suspension is rock hard now.
gilson

SP2 Swing arm project

Post by gilson »

Looks really good. I hope it rides well as good as it looks because the riding position, angle of the rear seems to have changed. Looks da bomba.
No bike (yet).
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

The rear has most deffintly been pushed up, with the old swing arm i could flat foot with legs spread a bit, now its on the balls of my feet when sitting on, so it should turn in nicely now.
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

Some pics of the linkage

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fingers crossed you can sort out those clearance issues buddy, i'm sure if you had to sell the ohlins someone on this forum would take it off your hands pretty sharpish, i was outbid on a ohlins on ebay early this year it went for £360 if i remember, i was only willing to go to £300 myself.
the swingarm looks the nuts altough i've got a thing for powder coated frame and s/a at the mo and i think your s/a woulf look good in satin black.....
i've got a spondon modded frame and maybe next year would be interested in doing the sp s/a mod, so any info you aquire i would be very interested in hearing it... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

Update, took delivery of the 2 into 1 exhaust system yesterday, fitted it, sounds absolutly mental :D Gona have to get the jetting set up as no doubt it will run like an absolute pig.

And the CBR900 6 spoke wheel :D well chuffed i found this, firestorm discs and spacers all fit to make this a direct bolt in, and its 17" which is mega rare, plenty of 16" kicking about.

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good fella, have you sorted out the front forks yet or is that next on the to do list?
i was seriously thinking of bidding on the 2 into 1 when i saw it, jut so i had the option of the both systems. but it looks like its gone to a good home :lol:
if i was wanting to do the same swingarm conversion as yourself, would you have any details to hand that would make my life a bit easier.
keep the pictures coming buddy :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

How much is the back end crancked up over std then?

I recently added 10mm of extra length on my shock and it rode like sh1t, couldnt keep it in a straight line at all!

Hope you dont encounter these issues!
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

bigspanishmarty wrote:looking good fella, have you sorted out the front forks yet or is that next on the to do list?
i was seriously thinking of bidding on the 2 into 1 when i saw it, jut so i had the option of the both systems. but it looks like its gone to a good home :lol:
if i was wanting to do the same swingarm conversion as yourself, would you have any details to hand that would make my life a bit easier.
keep the pictures coming buddy :thumbup:
The forks are on the todo list, im gona get the rear end done first, one thing at a time, otherwise ill never ride it, once the MOT is done in Jan, ill start to look at the front end.

Yea sure if u got any questions about the swap just ask, i will certainly try to help.

Im not sure how far up the rear end is now, at the weekend if i remember ill take some measurements and put them up, if some one can then measure theres on a stock bike we can see the difference.

I also think that the front wheel is an SP1 front, i just had a look through some online honda parts for bearings for it, and i cannot find any 6 spoke 17" wheels on a CBR, only 16"'s
lloydie

SP2 Swing arm project

Post by lloydie »

Cbr400rr nc29
Vfr400 nc30
Rvf400 nc35 for the bearings

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

I got the bearings for it, i took the ones out of it to BRT Bearings round the corner from work and they sorted me out, out of interest i asked if they could supply ceramic ones, at £70 for one bearing i think i'll pass
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

Well i have finished it :D

Just got to get the suspension sorted as the rear is rock hard, but from the little ride i had today, its running ok, no immediate signes of reduced power due to the 2 into 1 exhaust, roll on the summer :D