storm to fighter!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
dave-sp2

Re: storm to fighter!

Post by dave-sp2 »

benny hedges wrote:well done mate but doesnt surprise me in the least - the bike looks fantastic but yet is still practical to ride.
gets my vote too :beer:
sure is fella, Mr honda would approve still!!
gilson

Post by gilson »

Congratulations Dave. Well deserved.
No bike (yet).
LewHawk

Post by LewHawk »

That's the sickest Superhawk I ever saw.....You need to sell me some of them custom parts.
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

fantastic project, love the fork shrouds
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

dave-sp2 wrote:first prize!! best streetfighter!!!!!

Congratulations Dave, well done :thumbup: :clap:

Chris.
hellride

Post by hellride »

Nice fighter!!
However, I liked it better before.
What color did you use (if it was you), when it was silver?
I mean what color code was it? It has just that brightness I'm lookin for.
Oh, well!! Could've been worse...
toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

hello all the pic at the begining of this thread does anyone know where to get that rear light looks good????? 8O
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

I`m glad this thread has resurfaced as this was mostly before my time on the forum.
One of the most tastefully done fighters I have seen :thumbup: .......and I hope you don`t mind but I WILL be stealing some of your ideas :wink:
Very nice job indeed. Be very proud of what you have achieved :clap:
Regards
Tim
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

skipping throught the forum and i see mine and sam's fighter builds have been resurected lol!!

done 2500 miles last year on the bike since i finished it again in march,

been planning a mojor refresh over this winter but i have been so busy doing other jobs(alloy wheels, parts etc) i only just had a space last week to do some work on the bike, fitted some new hi level remus carbon cans and got that boom back to the exhaust system instead of having my ears bleed, year hte 4 crome pipes looked great but they sounded so loud, much better now.

the bike was horrible to ride when i brought which is why i changed it.
the colour was storm grey, honda colour but i can't rememebr the code.

thanks for all the comments, this thread will run for some years yet as the bike will be re incarnated again next year! and as the misses says it's our baby and is here ot stay! unless i get some more money togther and build another one but cafe fighter styrle!! then i can have twin twins lol!!!!!!

pictures will be updated once i get it out and finsh her again.

got to earning the cash, supporting 5 kids isn't a cheap hobby lol!!

laters amigos,
dave
toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

hi dave any iea where you t that rear light from mate ? cheers bryan
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

toonarmy wrote:hi dave any iea where you t that rear light from mate ? cheers bryan
have a look at ebay usa, they're normally on there, they ain't to expensive either matr..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

hi guys,

not sure where it came from but i do belive it originated from across the pond, i never fitted it so i'm not 100%

must get it back together and take some more pictures!! but i think i have brought a zx6r now with a blown engine, bumped into a mate when i took the kids down the shop yesterday to buy them some sweeties after eating all there roast dinner and being good, we got chatting, i offered him £100 and said sod it i'll bring it round, should be here tomorrow lol!!

guess i'll be in trouble for that move but she'll get over it lol. what to do to the bike though? streetfighter, trackbike, or fix it up make it nice and swap it for a tatty storm and start a fresh!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

dave-sp2 wrote:hi guys,

not sure where it came from but i do belive it originated from across the pond, i never fitted it so i'm not 100%

must get it back together and take some more pictures!! but i think i have brought a zx6r now with a blown engine, bumped into a mate when i took the kids down the shop yesterday to buy them some sweeties after eating all there roast dinner and being good, we got chatting, i offered him £100 and said sod it i'll bring it round, should be here tomorrow lol!!

guess i'll be in trouble for that move but she'll get over it lol. what to do to the bike though? streetfighter, trackbike, or fix it up make it nice and swap it for a tatty storm and start a fresh!!
was it the one on gumtree?
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

dave-sp2 wrote:hi guys,

do another fighter mate, and if you start running low on funds i'll have the storm off you!! :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

marravtr wrote:
do another fighter mate, and if you start running low on funds i'll have the storm off you!! :thumbup:
mate she would most definetly kill me!!! no can do!!!

it's off a mate down the road and not the one on gumtree, the plan i think will be to get a new engine, strip it all down make sure it's spot on, re spray in a brand new 2012 race rep, WSB or BSB and sell it in the spring ready to rock!!! use them funds to get a rough vtr/trx 850/ducati or other twin and build the cafe fighter i have in my head and on the scetches in my note pad at work!! or i'll use the funds to get myself a unit and make another step towards building a future for me and my family as self employed!!