My toy nears completion

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Manxman

My toy nears completion

Post by Manxman »

1998 firestorm fighter.

Custom one off billet top yoke, twin headlight conversion( which i'm sure of yet), Blue flame Hi-level (which need to be trimmed a lot) Dynojetted, K+N filter, Braided hoses(brake and clutch) Painted in honda nighthawk black with glitter flake( add a bit of sparkle), I've got rear fireblade wheel just waiting to find a front 6 spoke. Going to put a polished swingarm on when i can 1 to polish.

I know it a marmite thing but i quite like the streetfighter look. It's just needing a few jobs to be done and then get it ridden.

benny hedges

Re: My toy nears completion

Post by benny hedges »

front looks tidy m8.
agree the cans need to be a bit shorter.
did you not think of the front rad? i'd be scared of bashing them on the side with my track record lol :oops:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Very clean looking bike well done. Looks good in black with the twin lights. I would deffo get a front mounted rad as I think the side ones are spoiling the look :thumbup: .
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

Looks good pal,what sorts that belly pan? Is that silver bottle the expansion tank,or laughing gas,have a blast and go fast!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

poweder coat the frame black and it will look one mean fooker
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

Thank's for all your comments.

I was thinking of putting front mounted radiator on but wasn't to sure. But after seeing your comments i think i'll go and get it sorted now.
yorkylancs wrote:Looks good pal,what sorts that belly pan? Is that silver bottle the expansion tank,or laughing gas,have a blast and go fast!
Not sure what make belly pan it is as it was fitted when i got the bike, and as for the silver tank. It is an expansion bottle , because the original honda plastic 1 looks crap.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

lookin very nice that matey 8) oh and the bellypans a pyramid (£240) :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
simo

Post by simo »

:biggrin Like the Trials Outfit :thumbup:
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Nice house's those mate like the rustic cottage thing :) looks like a set from last of the summer wine!

bet thers not a chav in sight, unless michel carrol wins the lotto again, moves next door and sets about the yard doing dontus in an old sierra.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

Well I love marmite and definately love ya bike mate (marmite on fried bread is the bestest!) The mix of chrome and black sparkly paint looks the dogs. Streetfighter all the way :thumbup:

PS how easy was it to paint the rads, mine are all pitted and ugly the same as my front forks, so going to do both satin black!
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

bealsey wrote:Well I love marmite and definately love ya bike mate (marmite on fried bread is the bestest!) The mix of chrome and black sparkly paint looks the dogs. Streetfighter all the way :thumbup:

PS how easy was it to paint the rads, mine are all pitted and ugly the same as my front forks, so going to do both satin black!
Really easy, took about 2 hours to do. (not including drying time)

That's the reason i painted mine. Forks and radiators were pitted really bad. So i got a wire wheel for my drill and cleaned as much crap as i could off, then primed them with plasticote primer then plasticote black. End result looks good. (i think so anyway)

I'm looking forward to sunday when it goes on it's 1st outing. Just a couple of little jobs to do then off we go.
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

Yeah i know how ya feel mate, cant wait till i get mine out on the road! My only gripe with your bike is - Paint your headers with some BBQ paint to match the blackness and maybe flip your headlight brackets so they are a bit lower ( I know - opinions are like arseholes and all that!) :thumbup:
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

bealsey wrote:Yeah i know how ya feel mate, cant wait till i get mine out on the road! My only gripe with your bike is - Paint your headers with some BBQ paint to match the blackness and maybe flip your headlight brackets so they are a bit lower ( I know - opinions are like arseholes and all that!) :thumbup:
Painted the headers last weekend in black. And as for the headlights, i left them that high to take the eye of the ignition switch. But result today, my mate has just GIVEN me a set of forks and top and bottom yokes of a 2007 zx10r. So with a bit of fettling it will have a different front end on by the end of the summer.
YETI

Post by YETI »

Im looking for an expansion tank for my special one .
where did you get yours ?????
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

YETI wrote:Im looking for an expansion tank for my special one .
where did you get yours ?????
It's a kids aluminium drinks bottle. The only 1 i could find was a blue 1, so i got sandpaper, wirewool and a tube of autosol

and went cleaning. Then put a metal motorcycle tyre valve through a hole i drilled and connected a piece of clear hose.