AMQ46's storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
seb421

Re: AMQ46's storm

Post by seb421 »

Griff1977 wrote:....Dyno run tomorrow at DRS of Hull. Going to go for a run with K & N and with stock. Ill post results soon!! £20 for the session!
Its going to need re-jetting swapping between the two? if you just bang either in after being set up for one of them then its going to run like dog sh1t and give a poor reading

your dyno man will want more than 20 quid to whip them out and tinker and re run it
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Seb. Yep I realise that- I'm just after a base line run for both filters with no plans to re-jet. He's happy if I whip filters out he will do both runs whilst I'm there. Think I'll leave original in until I build up to proper re-jet.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

rear pillion hangers pivoted up for higher sweep of the pipes……cheers lloydie for the idea and the plates :thumbup:

ImageImage
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:rear pillion hangers pivoted up for higher sweep of the pipes……cheers lloydie for the idea and the plates :thumbup:

ImageImage
Looks much better :-)
Did all the holes line up ?
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Sweeeeet.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote: Looks much better :-)
Did all the holes line up ?
because I have the ventura rails on the back bolts, and they can't be spaced out without screwing their position at the back, I had to modify the plates to only work on the front bolt and used a spacer ontop of the ventura rails to level the hangers out.
AMcQ
simo

Post by simo »

Some worthwhile mods you've done since first posted. :thumbup:
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I feel so much better now I can see they are not upswept and just angled. :lol: At least you can still get your luggage on. I wonder what it will be like for pillions, you may have to mod some legs/knees next or will it be the swinger.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Let's see a shot from the rear- are the can outlets still the same distance out from the number plate? :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:I feel so much better now I can see they are not upswept and just angled. :lol: At least you can still get your luggage on. I wonder what it will be like for pillions, you may have to mod some legs/knees next or will it be the swinger.

(:-})
Still ok for pillion, but you are right that pegs are higher and a bit further back.

Next is swingarm brace and gloss black six spokes

Tony, the pipes are better lined up now than they were before
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I done that as well, but thinking of getting a steel boss welded to the top of the sub frame above the rear fixing rather than the bracket, but I will have to heat the rear plastic to deform it slightly to allow for the hanger to fit with the new boss in place.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Same story as in the "what have you done to your bike today" thread, but thought I should keep the chronology of pictures in the flying bananas own thread.

Swapped the Viper cans for some very sexy and light arrow cans
NImage

Sold the bellypan to lloydie

Then fitted a set of 6 spoke wheels powder coated gloss black

Then got a set of Carbon Remus pipes

Think it looks better with no bellypan especially with high bars.
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote:

Think it looks better with no bellypan especially with high bars.
Yes, but you need something to hide the standard oil lines....
and forks...
and SA.
Apart from that, looking good.

:Tongue2:

No bellypan= added lightness :thumbup:
(unless you have one of those tap oil drain devices, which I've always thought is a disaster waiting to happen if a stone flicks up and opens the tap......) If so, :thumbdown:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

AMCQ46 wrote:
stormingjoe wrote:whats the bike ride like with the wp shock :?:
Its a fairly basic emulsion type shock from WP with only rebound damping adjustment [12 clicks] not the top of the range fully adjustable. But it has adjustable ride height [so no need for spacers] and I had it valved and sprung for my weight by Revs Racing, hence it is a revolation compared to the over sprung, underdamped showa unit.

With the Roger Revolution forks & the WP on the rear, the back & front end both now react the same when you hit a bump or a dip, so the bike is very stable and easy to ride hard.

The sag back & front are set up as reccomended by Roger, and the front end dropped 3mm, rear raised 5mm so it turns in fater as well, but no tankslappers or instability with this set up

Not sure that a fully adjustable one would be any better, as sometimes you can have to much adjustment and you end up getting lost.
I took Rogers advise and set the forks up and the WP shock i played with a bit until it felt right, i have the adjustable rebound one but haven't touched it since i did a small adj after Lloydie thought it needed a tweak.I raised the ride height 5mm too. What I've noticed is that it handles so much better over rougher roads compared to the old standard set up. I do ride so common routes and have noticed the difference so much. Ive got quicker but not faster if that makes sense. Vast improvement and the tyres are off both sides now and loving this weather.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice job Al :thumbup: 8)

I'm guessing the carbon cans sound better than the Arrows :?:

Chris.