AMQ46's storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Kev L

Re: AMQ46's storm

Post by Kev L »

That certainly is a very clean Storm matey peeps. Did someone drop their handbag behind the bike????

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Don't start the whole gay thing up again :lol:

I claim it is the wife's car, but I have to admit I enjoy driving it......now where did I put my hair straighteners
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

A very tidy and clean looking bike you have there AMcQ 8) Some very nice tasty mods too :thumbup:

Chris.
hellride

Post by hellride »

Those brakes of yours...
WHERE CAN I FiND THEM????
Ebay? Somewhere else? Both discs & calipers
Oh, well!! Could've been worse...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm still loving the rearsets buddy :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

hellride wrote:Those brakes of yours...
WHERE CAN I FiND THEM????
Ebay? Somewhere else? Both discs & calipers
The calipers are off a CBR600, before they went to usd forks and radial brakes. Change both master cyl and calipers to get the improvements. There is a thread in the workshop section on the changes.
http://www.vtr1000.org./phpBB3/viewtopi ... ke#p123989

The discs are Armstrong brand, seen on eBay or most parts cataloges
AMcQ
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Hi AMQ, I read your post when I first joined in Aug 11 and enjoyed it - being a fellow yellow'un as well!

Just wondering about your gel seat- I've got the factory seat and it's, we'll, ok. Does yours make much of a difference or is it for looks? Could I ask where you got it from and £?

I love the storm but am a bit concerned as I've got a 1 week Pyrenees trip in Jun and want to make it comfortable but not ruin it- even thought about risers but a combination of not knowing much about them and how mug they help means I'm just still thinking.

Laters. Griff. :thumbup:
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Go to Macky D's, Every day have a XL double bacon cheeseburger until your trip, wash it down with the large full sugar Coke, now come June, you will have a gel pad all of your own and you wont have to carve up your seat, you will have your own internal gel pad which works better than the "artificial" one Al has, believe me I have such a pad it works real well, thanks to Macky D. :lol:
She told me she was 16.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Griff1977 wrote:Hi AMQ, I read your post when I first joined in Aug 11 and enjoyed it - being a fellow yellow'un as well!

Just wondering about your gel seat- I've got the factory seat and it's, we'll, ok. Does yours make much of a difference or is it for looks? Could I ask where you got it from and £?

I love the storm but am a bit concerned as I've got a 1 week Pyrenees trip in Jun and want to make it comfortable but not ruin it- even thought about risers but a combination of not knowing much about them and how mug they help means I'm just still thinking.

Laters. Griff. :thumbup:
Seat was done by tony archer, and he does a really good job, but not cheap! I think it was £60 per gel pad and £60 for the recovering. I also made it a bit taller, as I have long legs and don't have any problem getting my feet down. It is more comfortable than stock, and I needed it, as I dont have my own inbuilt padding :lol: you will find him if you google his name.

I am also going for a long tour to Barcelona in June, and might try moving the rearsets further forwards and down, but in general he only concern is fuel range.
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

barcelona's about 1hr 30mins from my place, will you be going thru andorra mate?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:barcelona's about 1hr 30mins from my place, will you be going thru andorra mate?
going down for the Catalyunia motogp, and plan to get ferry to santander then ride down the scenic way via pamplona and pick up some of the mountain roads in Pyrenees then drop back down to Barcalona. the draft route is not going down as far as Andora

Route plan for way down looks a bit like this as a 2 day run, but open to local pointers, on the way back it will be the straight thrash to get the ferry in 1 day!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Aut ... ,9&t=m&z=7[/googlemap]
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my place is just south of lerida, towards the bottom right of the map.that route should take in loads of twisties mate, i've done bilboa,logrono zaragosa then lerida a couple of times in a van, but thats all dual carriageway, your map has some funny spellings mate saragosa is zaragosa lerida is llieda. bilboa to lerida is about 5 hours on the fast roads that is. if you need any advice fella just give me a shout...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Might as well put the dyno results in the bikes own thread.

My bike is the blue line in this, lloydies is the red line.
106.97bhp, 73ft/lb

The bike is running the following mods.
BMC road air filter
HRC copy billet inlet trumpets
Dyno jet kit
Cbr600 stick coils
Viper race cans with baffles removed
1/6 turn quick action throttle
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i can vouch for this fast yellow storm its fast and SMOOTH like hot butter .
you've done a good job on setting it up .
not only one the fuelling but on the handling to :D

just a shame about the fo3king colour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

....Dyno run tomorrow at DRS of Hull. Going to go for a run with K & N and with stock. Ill post results soon!! £20 for the session!
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!