Hi guys, not really much to update on the build tbh. I've mostly been completing little jobses that are time consuming but needed sorting before I felt I could move forward.
Also the cameras knackered, no amount of bashing on the bench fixed it either pfff..
First job was that the Weber dcoe 6mm trumpet fastening threaded holes had been drilled out to 8mm god knows why.
A length of 8mm od 6mm id stainless tube was purchased & four 10.5mm long tubes were turned down to insert into the oversized holes enabling the recently purchased shorter trumpets to fit & bolt up correctly & they allow me to also fit the 100mm deep K&N filter.
I also drilled out the air corrector jets to 200 (2mm) from 160 (1.6mm) as recommended.
I was also stuck on how to fit the Cbr1100 blackbird oil cooler. It's huge, but I've managed to squeeze it between the bellypan & front header. I made a complicated stainless bracket utilising the bellpan fastening bolts. Theres not much room, about a millimeter or two either side as the bracket feeds between the starter motor & the bellypan. It was a pig to line up as there's nothing really to use as a center line, so I've gone with the middle of the bellypan & hope it's the middle of the bike. The cooler bolts up on the standard fitting rubber mounts so should be good to go.
The oil cooler pipes were another issue as they stick out at 8 o'clock & 4 o'clock forcing the pipes out wide & vulnerable. If this death trap does handle they might ground out when hard cornering. So somethig had to be done.
I was originally going to use stainless 10mm inline connectors but after hours of searching & reading I decided to go with short (cut down) all flexible oem pipes from a Cbr600 f1 Hurricane (the fittings were not used, only the pipe). The Cbr1100 cooler & VTR engine pipe fittings were removed by grinding the swages off & fittings reused.
Now many will frown about this, but for the cooler fitting I cut into the tube (under the old swage fitting) taking a wedge out of the pipe then squeezing it together & welding it back up. This corrected the pipe direction & it now points towards the engine oil cooler fitting. Difficult to explain now that the camera is broken. After careful cleaning inside the pipe there's no loose bits or restrictions that could cause any issues.
The hurricane oil pipes were then cut to length & a propane torch used to heat/melt the ends then wet fingers to mold them smooth to prevent them unraveling & give it that professional look
. Sounds botchy because it is, but you'd never know if I didnt tell. Jubilee clips hold them on atm but small Mikalor W4's will be purchased & fitted.
I've also mounted the Sv650 radiator but will update on that another day (when I sort a camera)
Hope every one had a nice Christmas & Happy new year.