a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
MacV2

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by MacV2 »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 am Did a similar foreign takeover thing happen to TVR?
Yes a Russian with loads of cash bought it...It didn't work very well & it went bust.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm glad somone is here to talk some sense into Fabio :clap: :clap: :clap: You have a piece of history there so don't go and spoil it or we will have to send the Yetti over to have a few words. :Ball Kick: Then again a ball kick coming from Yetti would end up hitting you in the head. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:45 am I'm glad somone is here to talk some sense into Fabio :clap: :clap: :clap: You have a piece of history there so don't go and spoil it or we will have to send the Yetti over to have a few words. :Ball Kick: Then again a ball kick coming from Yetti would end up hitting you in the head. :lol:
well the yeti is eleventeen feet tall :eek2 :eek2 .

iv gave it a lot of thought and the blade fronts going into the blue one.. theres loads of reasons why the 7 front would be better but it would be turning it into a specials build instead of keeping it what it is, my own little bit of history :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

well the yeti is eleventeen feet tall :eek2 :eek2 .
He might miss you completly then :lol: :lol: Glad to hear you not going to push it too far. IMO what you have done with it is fantastic. It still retains the classic look with a few selective mod cons and bling. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 am
Varastorm wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 am Did a similar foreign takeover thing happen to TVR?
Yes a Russian with loads of cash bought it...It didn't work very well & it went bust.
It's a real shame that some foreign entrepreneurs with new money want to "Help" these iconic established business's that have taken years & years to build up an excellent reputation.

Maybe it's a case of no one in the Harris family want's to run the business anymore as they're getting too old? Or they don't trust anyone in the Harris family running it apart from the main man? As I can't imagine they've done it for the big cash "retirement" incentive that Harris has been offered?

The people who have grown up to appreciate the thought & craftsmanship that have gone into the parts that Harris made might be in for a sad end also :(

Perhaps they should of renamed the takeover to "Harris buys out Royal Enfield".

Now, to me that sounds a lot better than the wrong way around :?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I think it's definitely in RE's favour.
I expect to see a lot of cafe racer variants with real quality design on the peripherals, aiming to capitalise on the beardie trendy market as CCM, and to a degree, Ducati are doing.

I hope Harris are still able to make and sell spares for their previous products, though.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:03 pm I think it's definitely in RE's favour.
I expect to see a lot of cafe racer variants with real quality design on the peripherals, aiming to capitalise on the beardie trendy market as CCM, and to a degree, Ducati are doing.

I hope Harris are still able to make and sell spares for their previous products, though.
If that does happens, the move won't be so bad,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am
MacV2 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 am
It's a real shame that some foreign entrepreneurs with new money want to "Help" these iconic established business's that have taken years & years to build up an excellent reputation.

Maybe it's a case of no one in the Harris family want's to run the business anymore as they're getting too old? Or they don't trust anyone in the Harris family running it apart from the main man? As I can't imagine they've done it for the big cash "retirement" incentive that Harris has been offered?

The people who have grown up to appreciate the thought & craftsmanship that have gone into the parts that Harris made might be in for a sad end also :(

Perhaps they should of renamed the takeover to "Harris buys out Royal Enfield".

Now, to me that sounds a lot better than the wrong way around :?
Im not sure that applies to TVR, they were always conking out & the chassis were prone to rust.
I know two people who have owned them.
One ended up just sitting in his garage, the other one whilst enjoying the fun it gave him got shot of it fairly quickly due to loads of silly little niggles spoiling said fun...As he put it...'it was nice when it was running...'

Still the race series they had for them was always a good hoot...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Always fancied a tvr 🤤 maybe one day
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

STOP with all this ghey talk lol :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2

pictures to follow but iv got a very nice box of what id call sex on its way for the big girl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and very much in keeping with the bikes history..... santa has been a good boy to me this year :clap: :clap: :clap:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm STOP with all this ghey talk lol :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2

pictures to follow but iv got a very nice box of what id call sex on its way for the big girl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and very much in keeping with the bikes history..... santa has been a good boy to me this year :clap: :clap: :clap:
You mean Santa's been good to you because you've been a good boy :wink:

That's my line to the misses & it seems to be working :D

I'm interested in this upgrade, sounds good :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Did Santa sit on your knee ?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Vara iv been an extra good boy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and id have sat on santas knee if he asked me to get this box :eek2 :eek2

my other box,oh thats lost atm by parcel fecking farce :eek2
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well after postie lost my forks :redface they turned up so a wee clean and started the trial fit, i think i need new spacers as the storm ones are to short.... so blade front end it is for the blue girl.

New pads and a clean up and thats the front end kinda done.

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Now all you need is a nice, shiny milled bottom yolk from Stephan.