Forum newbie

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
KingNog

Re: Forum newbie

Post by KingNog »

Hi Duffy
It was your build that I found online that brought me here. Kudos for sticking with it as long as you did.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I use Tapatalk app to go on the forum you can add pics from there if your on your mobile phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Howdy from North Bristol :D

Yep Tapatalk is great for uploading pictures and reading the forum.
You only need two instructions to get it on your phone so no problem for ADHD :thumbup:
1) Search for the App and download it.
2) once loaded search for vtr1000.org and sign in.

I lied:
3) Come back and ask if you have a problem. Loads of us are crap with computrickery so don't worry about it :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

I think it's a shame that this remains one of few forums without a 'drag and drop' photo facility - or am I missing something too?

(Also an old codger, by the way :cry: )
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

nigelrb wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 am I think it's a shame that this remains one of few forums without a 'drag and drop' photo facility - or am I missing something too?

No, you are right.

We used to be able to , about fifteen years ago, but I think we filled the server up in about five minutes flat :lol:
What you must remember is, this is a privately owned forum and the owner keeps it running for us at entirely his own expense.
All the other forums are run for profit and they are full of adverts. It also means they are a little more up-to-date and can afford bigger servers and give you drag and drop facilities.
Its a small price to pay for the quality folk on here :thumbup:

All Hail the Mighty Admin :kneel:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

^^^
Ah, right. Thanks for that.

One bonus here though is that it doesn't suffer major invasions of spam, as do others, OR, it is blocked/and or removed very effectively! :thumbup: t
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

nigelrb wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 am I think it's a shame that this remains one of few forums without a 'drag and drop' photo facility - or am I missing something too?

When you start a new post, scroll down & you will see a box 'options' will be open. Next to it is 'attachments'. Click on 'attachments' click on 'add files' that should bring up your pictures, select the pic you want, click open, it will load, then click 'place inline'
07082016 5.jpg
Or use a image hosting site...

viewtopic.php?p=449062#p449062

Same image different way of posting...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:13 pm
When you start a new post, scroll down & you will see a box 'options' will be open. Next to it is 'attachments'. Click on 'attachments' click on 'add files' that should bring up your pictures, select the pic you want, click open, it will load, then click 'place inline'
Ah, duh! After nearly two years on here, and nearly 200 posts I never knew that! Of course you're going to tell me that I should have read the 'Read Me for New Members', and being a studious OCD kinda chap, I did just that and the instruction still remains:

" Adding Images to your Posts
The forum does not allow you to directly upload images into your posts. To add images to your posts you need to use one of the many online image hosting sites. You can then copy and paste the code across into your posts."

I guess changes were made later. But I just tested that facility, and yes, just add the file is much easier. Cheers for that MacV2. :Beer1:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome