New to the VTR

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
nachtjaeger13

New to the VTR

Post by nachtjaeger13 »

Hi,Just joined recently as I recently acquired my first Firestorm .she's been running fantastically and the power delivery is awesome,but this afternoon the engine,one start up is running really rough,I had the choke on and usually that keeps the engine ticking over nicely,but today,to keep it running,I have to hold the throttle slightly open,I'm hoping it was the rain shower the bike was caught in and have sprayed WD 40 in all the appropriate places,but not made a difference yet,I haven't in any way interfered with the tank or fuel lines and a new air filter was fitted only a month ago Ah well,is this common for VTR owners? I hope not as when it's running normally it's a fantastic bike,it's a 2000 model.
TaxiDriver

Re: New to the VTR

Post by TaxiDriver »

Not sure about that but would love to see more pics of your bike in daylight...... :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It could be a number of things, but first of all you could check to see if the drainage hole is clear in the front cylinder, if it's not water will built up around the spark plug. The drainage hole is facing the front wheel so collects all thrown up from the front tyre,

Chris.
nachtjaeger13

Post by nachtjaeger13 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:06 pm Not sure about that but would love to see more pics of your bike in daylight...... :thumbup: