Afternoon folks

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
AJG39

Afternoon folks

Post by AJG39 »

Hello Guys
Thanks admin for the Add and great to be part of the group.
So I'm Adam and I'm from sunny croydon (don't judge me) but currently living in the Isle of man (sucks to be me) right on the TT course in Glen helen.
so I currently don't own a VTR but i'm looking at getting one and have been a huge fan of them since the year dot. Always ridden Honda's and been riding for around 25yrs. Need some advice while i'm here actually on what to look out for when getting a firestorm. Also i'm keen to do some mods when I eventually get round to picking one up such as a SSSA conversion and a fairing swap so if I can be pushed in the right direction regarding this then TIA.
Cheers all
Ad
fabiostar

Re: Afternoon folks

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along Adam.. for VTRs , must do things are the ccts,change them to manuals and check the rec unit is the later finned type, as for mods everybody will give you different things depending what takes your fancy, good set of cans to let it breath, flat bars on the top yoke for comfort if your old like lot of us :clap: :clap: ..
they do have soft forks and a cheapy shock in them as standard but you can live with it for normal riding :thumbup: . other easy stuff is blade front brakes and steel lines and chuck the silly huge flywheel in the bin, well not in the bin but change it for a lightweight one... and a 6mm spacer ontop of the shock makes them steer more like a modern bike :thumbup:

ps, the sssa mod can be done but its heavy and makes them a tad longer in the wheel base.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Hi Adam, I’m not far from Croydon, so my advice to you is stay in the Isle of Man
It’s great over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:23 pm Hi Adam, I’m not far from Croydon, so my advice to you is stay in the Isle of Man Image
It’s great over there. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :wink:

Welcome aboard Adam :thumbup:

Rob (Fabiostar) has covered the two main things that can let you down. The rest is really items that wear out with use as with any bike,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Rob has it pretty much covered. :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AJG39

Post by AJG39 »

Thanks for the welcome guys and already had a skim through the mod section. There seems to be a plethora of very useful information and a great bunch of guys with an abundance of knowledge.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Heya :wave: Welcome to the forums :thumbup:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Crack on enjoy
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Well you've come to the right place to find out about FireStorms.
It just so happens I might be selling a very good one in the not too distant future.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the best online source of information, you will get the real answers here (unlike the face book pages, where you will find opinions).

And any bike that Kev owns will have been looked after by an ocd engineer. What more could you hope for
AMcQ