Hello from the frozen north!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
2.5i

Hello from the frozen north!

Post by 2.5i »

Hello all,

New (old) member here from Canada. I’ve read many a post and guide here but have yet to introduce myself. I’ve got a ‘98 Storm, and there’s something about it that’s made it a long term bike for me. It’s got a few changes, and a few items left on the list. My most recent modification was the 900rr brace, with shock to follow soon. I’m also active on the (other) forum, and hope to make some new friends here :) Please find a couple of pictures attached!

8541Hawk

Re: Hello from the frozen north!

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well you have bins in your photos, so the lads here will be happy......and won't hold it against you that you deal with those other folks.....
The swingarm brace is a nice improvement. Which front end are you running?
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Nice looking bike. :thumbup: :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:
Some nice mods you have done there 8)

Chris.
thelens

Post by thelens »

2.5i wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:09 pm Hello all,

New (old) member here from Canada. I’ve read many a post and guide here but have yet to introduce myself. I’ve got a ‘98 Storm, and there’s something about it that’s made it a long term bike for me. It’s got a few changes, and a few items left on the list. My most recent modification was the 900rr brace, with shock to follow soon. I’m also active on the (other) forum, and hope to make some new friends here :) Please find a couple of pictures attached!

Welcome to the forum :)
Silver like mine.... must be good lol
North eh ! A boat might be a better hobby :)
2.5i

Post by 2.5i »

Thanks everyone!

8541Hawk- Front end is from a ~07 cbr 1000rr. Previous owner sold me the bike with some scratches, so instead of going for riser clipons I cut the fairings down to fit the stock cbr clipons. The braking power/feel, and suspension difference is very significant, although I was unsure of the condition the stock front end was in.

Thelens - I’ve always liked boats... but the logistics of owning one here makes it a particularly expensive hobby. Am considering a Drz400 however haha.
thelens

Post by thelens »

2.5i wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 pm Thanks everyone!

8541Hawk- Front end is from a ~07 cbr 1000rr. Previous owner sold me the bike with some scratches, so instead of going for riser clipons I cut the fairings down to fit the stock cbr clipons. The braking power/feel, and suspension difference is very significant, although I was unsure of the condition the stock front end was in.

Thelens - I’ve always liked boats... but the logistics of owning one here makes it a particularly expensive hobby. Am considering a Drz400 however haha.
Yes I like boats too. Had a few in the past, from racing cat power boats to cruisers and inflatables ect
DRZ gets well spoken about. Looked at them in the past. Kinda thought they always seemed over priced.
Ended up with an XR400 at one point :)
thelens

Post by thelens »

2.5i wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 pm Thanks everyone!

Yes I like boats too. Had a few in the past, from racing cat power boats to cruisers and inflatables ect
DRZ gets well spoken about. Looked at them in the past. Kinda thought they always seemed over priced.
Ended up with an XR400 at one point :)
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Welcome along. The black one in the background looks quite nice too. Not so sweet as yours, obviously.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir... well sorted looking storm :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
2.5i

Post by 2.5i »

Thanks everyone :) the black one in the background is actually quite well sorted too; forks with internals done, jetted etc. It actually had a Mori swinger, but the previous owner swapped it onto his other bike before selling this one to my friend.