Newbie question

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Shinyharley

Newbie question

Post by Shinyharley »

Without wishing to start a virtual riot how much does this forum overlap with Facebook? I appreciate there's a wealth of information on here, and I don't necessarily want to wind people up by asking the same questions in both places....

Cheers - John
Newly acquired 1998 VTR1000F, 2014 MT-09

There is very little in life to beat a motorcycle ride, followed by a very cold beer and a nap
Wicky

Re: Newbie question

Post by Wicky »

First use the search function (available here (top right) and also on FB), but if a ready answer is not forthcoming, post on either and choose the most/appropriate answer.

FB is a lot of folk asking the same questions every couple of weeks and is an ever-changing but constant flow of consciousness stuck in the present give or take a few hours i.e. what's the best oil, why does my bike with auto CCTs sound like a bag of nails, and my battery has swollen to twice the size could it be related to my R/R etc.

This forum has a knowledgebase of common problems / fixes that have accumulated over a couple of decades, and findable with use of key words to locate the original discussion thread/s.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

There's lots on here that won't do F/B.There's lots that do and There's some do F/B just to take the p!ss and wind them up over their repetitive questions about cct's,oil,r/r etc.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

In the two VTR FB groups I follow, its hit and miss with VTR knowledge. Some really good folks that will help out, but the majority are just guessing or regurgitating what they heard ..well meaning, but often wrong , misguided or missing info over all.
This forum has vastly more helpful and knowledgeable folks then any of the FB groups Ive seen .
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

facebook i go onto to have a yarn and a giggle and have a bit of banter.a lot of guys use both facebook and the forums..

if you have a question you will prob get the answer on facebook.

if you have a question on here or superhawk forum you WILL get an answer and the three possible ways of solving the problem.. :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Will the newly appointed fact checkers on Facebook be able to ensure the correct CCT procedure is posted? :wink:

https://talkradio.co.uk/news/facebook-a ... 9011129460
Last edited by Kev L on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

What is the question by the way?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

As one who has been lambasted recently on my Farcebarf usage I can give a qualifed answer to your question Shiny...

The Knob factor is much higher on FB... :lol: :lol:

FB doesn't have the files back up that this fine forum has, it's much easier to find the answeres to the most common questions...

On FB your more than likely to get 20 or 30 different answers to any given question, my take is thats as most on there are on there via a smart phone or somesuch they dont tend to read the whole post, even on a PC (my prefered access platform...) you only get the last couple of answers showing up & without digging deeper & going back... & you try going back to find an old post on FB...Thats why so much stuff gets rehashed all the time.

Recently a question was asked by someone, cant remamber the exact details now but I posted up something along the lines of...''Typical FB, 5 answers to the question & only one is partialy correct...'' I gave the correct details & linked to the relevent page here...did I get any thanks...Did I fek... :lol: :lol:

Anyway the answer is... Yes, No, Smith & Allen 10W40 in bulk 25ltrs, Michelin Or Dunlop, mottoblat, Mossfet, heated gloves, pinlock, all bodywork is the same all years, No 19ltr tank wont fit straight on...that should just about cover it for the common silly questions...

IMO the best thing about FB is winding people up... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Shinyharley

Post by Shinyharley »

Cheers MacV2 sounds about right
Newly acquired 1998 VTR1000F, 2014 MT-09

There is very little in life to beat a motorcycle ride, followed by a very cold beer and a nap
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 am
Anyway the answer is... Yes, No, Smith & Allen 10W40 in bulk 25ltrs, Michelin Or Dunlop, mottoblat, Mossfet, heated gloves, pinlock, all bodywork is the same all years, No 19ltr tank wont fit straight on...that should just about cover it for the common silly questions...

IMO the best thing about FB is winding people up... :lol: :lol:
your forgetting the classic..........will a sp1 or 2 exhaust fit on a storm,

or how can i get 30 extra bhp's......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!