Greetings from St. Petersburg, Russia

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
lumpyv

Re: Greetings from St. Petersburg, Russia

Post by lumpyv »

welcome aboard :thumbup:

ive seen pictures of st petersbourg . it does look fantastic :) cold though I guess? (in winter)
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

lumpyv wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:13 pm welcome aboard :thumbup:
Thank you, lumpyv. :)
lumpyv wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:13 pm ive seen pictures of st petersbourg . it does look fantastic :)
It does... Wouldn't trade it for any other city in the world.
lumpyv wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:13 pm cold though I guess? (in winter)
Not terribly cold, no. It's a coastal city, so the climate is maritime with the smooth transition over to humid continental. If you're looking for an extreme cold, you should visit Kolyma, my mother's from there. Maybe go on an excursion or two to the Gulag there, fairly popular activity with foreigners. :lol:
The trick is not how much pain you feel but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Well anyway Dacen if u do decide to visit ill gladly offer a bed and guide for some amaizing roads in yorkshire
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

gabi81 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:01 pm Well anyway Dacen if u do decide to visit ill gladly offer a bed and guide for some amaizing roads in yorkshire
Yay! I'll be sure to take you up on this offer. If all goes well for me in the next two years, I see absolutely no reason why I shouldn't do this. :D
The trick is not how much pain you feel but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.eadt.co.uk/business/where-ca ... -1-5714691 > a new direct service to Saint Petersburg from London Stansted.

Stansted airport is close to Cambridge, while not having a cathedral it has some tall Church towers in English Gothic Revival style... ;-)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

Hello Dacen,

from Western Australia
RHD cars on the left side of the road here too.
I'd love to visit your Hermitage one day...
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"