Hello from Spain

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
felix barrao

Hello from Spain

Post by felix barrao »

Hello from Spain.
I bought a 1997 VTR-1000 model 3 months ago. Always liked it, and found a very good condition unit (and only one owner in 21 years). I have ride it 3600 km since, and very happy with it.
I have installed a higher handlebar from SLS, ( my other bike is a Transalp, and although the VTR ride position is fine, i´m used to the high handlebars).
I have installed also a volt meter, and oil pressure and temperature gauges, i will share them soon.
A picture..
Attachments
vtr 1.jpg
nigelrb

Re: Hello from Spain

Post by nigelrb »

Hi Felix and welcome. Had mine just a few weeks - we're related! :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Felix.You should change the acct' s to manuals asap. :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
felix barrao

Post by felix barrao »

I have been reading a lot about the CCT problems, ( I knew about the problem after buying it, so, I didn´t ask to the owner about that), probably I will do the fail safe pin mod, to keep the automatic tension feature.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Welcome to the forum Felix. you have a nice looking bike. whereabouts in Spain are you?
you don't see many firestorms here in Spain.
Here's my bike in sunny Catalunya...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Felix :thumbup:

A volt meter is a very good idea. Nice looking bike :)

Chris.
felix barrao

Post by felix barrao »

I live in Zaragoza. No to many firestorms around here actually.. In fact I never have seen one before in Zaragoza. I bought it in Reus, ( yes, Cataluña) 250km far from my house. I went to look for her by train, and I came back riding, very nice firs day..
I will share the gauge and handlebar modification, is " pimp your ride" the correct place to do that?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

felix barrao wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:18 pm I live in Zaragoza. No to many firestorms around here actually.. In fact I never have seen one before in Zaragoza. I bought it in Reus, ( yes, Cataluña) 250km far from my house. I went to look for her by train, and I came back riding, very nice firs day..
I will share the gauge and handlebar modification, is " pimp your ride" the correct place to do that?
The "Pimp Your Ride" section is fine :thumbup:

Chris.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard Felix, I have a place down in Torrevieja
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

felix barrao wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:18 pm I live in Zaragoza. No to many firestorms around here actually.. In fact I never have seen one before in Zaragoza. I bought it in Reus, ( yes, Cataluña) 250km far from my house. I went to look for her by train, and I came back riding, very nice firs day..
Reus is only 45 minutes from where i live. Zaragoza is about 1 hour 30 minutes away. i've only ever seen 2 firestorms in Spain in the last 8yrs. rare bikes. maybe because they are thristy bikes.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i also have a friend who keeps his firestorm at my house in Spain, qnd we go for rides when he's visiting.
maybe we might get a chance to meet up. there's some great roads around Caspe and Mequinenza..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
felix barrao

Post by felix barrao »

Flatline wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 pm Welcome aboard Felix, I have a place down in Torrevieja
Nice place.. :thumbup:
agentpineapple wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:02 pm
Reus is only 45 minutes from where i live. Zaragoza is about 1 hour 30 minutes away. i've only ever seen 2 firestorms in Spain in the last 8yrs. rare bikes. maybe because they are thristy bikes.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i also have a friend who keeps his firestorm at my house in Spain, qnd we go for rides when he's visiting.
maybe we might get a chance to meet up. there's some great roads around Caspe and Mequinenza..... :thumbup:
You must be in Lerida then.. :think: :think:
I only have seen one firestorm in Spain in the last 51 years.. Mine.. :plainsmile
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

South of lleida near a small town called Flix. Last year I saw a red firestorm to the north east of lleida. And earlier this year me and my friend took a ride to siurana. And a local guy came up to us and told us that he had the same bike in black. And he was from Reis. There is also a couple of guys on the firestorm Facebook page. One is from Barcelona. Another Salou. And another south of alcaniz. So there is a few but not many lol.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
felix barrao

Post by felix barrao »

Nice to see an active forum about this exclusive bike.. :beer:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

! Hola Felix

In summer it is a warm bike when riding slowly, made dont ride slowly!

from Perth Australia
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"