Hello

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
74eldiablo

Hello

Post by 74eldiablo »

Hello,
just thought id say hi, ive just bought a 2001 firestorm which i got for a great deal, i'm based near squires cafe(sherburn in elmet) for a few months then taking the bike back to lithuania where my wife and kids are.

Been into bikes many many years havent ridden on the road for 10 years, my last bike was a gas gas enduro bike which i sold last year due to the fact the arthritis in my hands and wrists couldn't take the off road abuse anymore.

So here i am, we'll see how the bar position fairs up and if i need to change the bars then that will be the first thing to do, otherwise its business as usual after 10 years straight back into it :)

Maybe catch some of you at squires if your ever there.

cheers
tony.mon

Re: Hello

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, glad you're enjoying it.
Your first challenge- get a pic up with bins in the background.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
74eldiablo

Post by 74eldiablo »

ok i'll get all over it tommorow before work
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along to the forum.... but remember, we need bins in the picture :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
74eldiablo

Post by 74eldiablo »

now im either dumb or just plain stoopid.... hmm it's a toughie!!

I take it you mean exhausts (bins/cans) or you actually want one of ze german schaeffer grey wheelie bins in the background next to the fence. :D
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Picture MUST contain a rubbish bin. :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
74eldiablo

Post by 74eldiablo »

no problemo, you'll get the full works then..!!

wondering whether this is some noob pratical joke only to be humiliated on for the rest of my living life on this forum, or it's a requirement of the forum like in a weird initiation ceremony, a bit like the bloods or crips being 'jumped in'

:Beer Popcorn:
Last edited by 74eldiablo on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

74eldiablo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:10 pm no problemo, you'll get the full works then..!!

wondering whether this is some noob pratical joke only to be humiliated on for the rest of my living life on this forum, or it's a requirement of the forum like in a weird initiation ceremony,
Certainly a requirement. I didn't find out until too late and now I have to re-take all my introduction photos next to bins!! :)
74eldiablo

Post by 74eldiablo »

nigelrb wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:29 pm
74eldiablo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:10 pm no problemo, you'll get the full works then..!!

wondering whether this is some noob pratical joke only to be humiliated on for the rest of my living life on this forum, or it's a requirement of the forum like in a weird initiation ceremony,
Certainly a requirement. I didn't find out until too late and now I have to re-take all my introduction photos next to bins!! :)

This is a bit of a shot in the dark nige.... but it take it you dont like hondas :lol:
my favourite 2 iconic hondas which are both racing models for different reasons are:

The glorious RC166
and the 2 stroke daddy the NSR500

I'd love to go to one of those HRC honda days in japan especially with the bikes but those tight japanese brolly girls in well limited clothing. :beer:
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

74eldiablo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:37 pm
This is a bit of a shot in the dark nige.... but it take it you dont like hondas :lol:
my favourite 2 iconic hondas which are both racing models for different reasons are:

The glorious RC166
and the 2 stroke daddy the NSR500

I'd love to go to one of those HRC honda days in japan especially with the bikes but those tight japanese brolly girls in well limited clothing. :beer:
Yep, stuck with them since my 1970 CB175. Bought the MV just to add some balance.

The 6-cylinder race bikes will always live at the top of racing history. Sure, there's RC 30s and 45s, but I think it's the Hailwood days that are most revered.

You can have your 'brolly girls'. But stick a parasol in Yoko Ono's fist and I'm there!! :lol: :lol:
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

wondering whether this is some noob pratical joke only to be humiliated on for the rest of my living life on this forum, or it's a requirement of the forum like in a weird initiation ceremony, a bit like the bloods or crips being 'jumped in'

:Beer Popcorn:
Welcome to the forum. I didn't know about the bins when I joined but luckily(I think) my first pic had a wheelie bin tucked away in the top corner :wink:
Attachments
20180815_101454.jpg
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard m8. I often pop over to Squires

Look out for this one:

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club matey
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Chris.
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

Welcome back to the bitumen on your less enduro thumper !
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"