hello

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
ansta1

hello

Post by ansta1 »

morning all,

Me.

Long time Honda owner. VF-500 FII, VFR-750F-L and currently VTR-1000. Previous/current member of the Yahoo VTR group, from which I get the occasional email posting (though none from either Roger of Revolution or Daz don't mess with me Sear recently). Was having a little t'internet time and happened across this forum, can't remember if I'd previously registered but none of my emails seem to be found so registered anew. Located in the South midlands area

Bike.

1997 VTR1000-F in the correct (yellow of course) colour. Owner from new in March 1997. Engine standard and still on original CCT with no failures or rattles (touches wood). Roger'd (revolution) front forks, Penske rear shock. Currently on standard cans but a pair of Aluminium Race cans hang up in the garage which go on from time to time when I feel like it. Other than that fairly standard apart from a bit of gravel rash (cold d207GP's can be a pain).

A couple of other little niggles which I haven't got around to sorting but nothing that stops it being ridden.

Andy
Kev L

Re: hello

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Andy. Plenty of good info on here mate
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum Andy :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
ansta1

Post by ansta1 »

Thanks for the welcomes. Just finished a 200 (boring mostly m-way) trip on the old girl. As usual didn't miss a beat. If anyone Midlands ish (UK) needs a hand I can twiddle a spanner and happy to help.

I have an electronic carb balancer, brake bleeding vacuum kit and a few other useful bits including a center frame stand that I got from someone who's name escapes me from the old yahoo group which is useful for suspension/wheels work, I've also got plenty of bits laying around that might be useful to anyone. Brackets, bolts coupons etc. Always happy to help a fellow stormer (as long as it's yellow that is :D )
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the forum Andy, where in "south Midlands" are you? I am south of Redditch
AMcQ
ansta1

Post by ansta1 »

Watford gap services on M1 is pretty close.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Andy :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

ansta1 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 pm Watford gap services on M1 is pretty close.
Ah, so you are on the east side of the Midlands, I am close to the M5
AMcQ