Hello from Middlesex

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
minio

Hello from Middlesex

Post by minio »

Hi everyone!

Just a quick introduction here.
My name is Greg and I am a returning VTR owner. This is not only my second time with a VTR but also the second time I am owning this particular bike. There is nothing like the V twin grunt and the sound.. You all know what I mean.

I will be picking your brains in a different section soon enough as I am battling an electrical gremlin at the moment.

Greg.
MacV2

Re: Hello from Middlesex

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome back... :thumbup:

Dont forget the pics...

This is a fairly easy to use hosting site... https://imgur.com/
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.You are not far from me.i'm in Rickmansworth. :wave: :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
minio

Post by minio »

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures apart of couple with her being worked on on the bench, naked (without the fairing, tank etc). It's a public forum so nudity is not allowed . .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

minio wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 am Hi everyone!

My name is Greg and I am a returning VTR owner. This is not only my second time with a VTR but also the second time I am owning this particular bike. There is nothing like the V twin grunt and the sound.. You all know what I mean.

I will be picking your brains in a different section soon enough as I am battling an electrical gremlin at the moment.

Greg.

I couldn't agree with you more :D that's why I have still got mine :Woohoo1: :Woohoo1:

Welcome aboard Greg :thumbup:
minio

Post by minio »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:04 pm
minio wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 am Hi everyone!

Greg.

I couldn't agree with you more :D that's why I have still got mine :Woohoo1: :Woohoo1:

Welcome aboard Greg :thumbup:
Yes you, cannot beat V twin's sound, the second and third gears are just crazy. I love it. But they do look good too.
And if this is your bike in it's current form in the photo, all I can say is.. it's almost perfect. Stubby cans would make it even better ;) And then we would have twins.
minio

Post by minio »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

minio wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:05 pm
Yes you, cannot beat V twin's sound, the second and third gears are just crazy. I love it. But they do look good too.
And if this is your bike in it's current form in the photo, all I can say is.. it's almost perfect. Stubby cans would make it even better ;) And then we would have twins.
The only thing different to my bike in the Avatar is I don't run a lower fairing anymore.
Oh yeah I nearly for got, I have a Renthal Ultra Low handlebar conversion now as well :thumbup:

Stubby cans would be good 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along Greg :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
minio

Post by minio »

I hope this will work. Two dirty 2am Wednesday pics of the Stormy. Although dirty my mobile doesn't do it any justice. She is red, not pink.

minio

Post by minio »

Not sure whether the other one worked...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Minio, the photo's you posted above I have reposted for you (and got rid of some of the pink :lol: ) without the information in them of the address where you took the photo's. The phone you used must have had GPS turned on.
Good to see your bike :thumbup:

Chris.
lanny

Post by lanny »

Bit of a trend at the moment this returning to VTR's business, i am a returnee too.
I put it down to a number of things but predominantly its possibly the most characterful and best value for money bike available.
I worked hard for years to get to a budget that would buy me the latest bikes and now ive got here i am simply more drawn to older bikes, it's possibly due to wanting more than just something to ride as i like to tinker, and its definitely a nostalgia thing that seems to be able to loosen the purse strings easier than for newer stuff.
May your return be a long and happy experience. :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Minio, welcome to the team.

lanny wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:03 am Bit of a trend at the moment this returning to VTR's business, i am a returnee too.
I put it down to a number of things but predominantly its possibly the most characterful and best value for money bike available.
I worked hard for years to get to a budget that would buy me the latest bikes and now ive got here i am simply more drawn to older bikes, it's possibly due to wanting more than just something to ride as i like to tinker, and its definitely a nostalgia thing that seems to be able to loosen the purse strings easier than for newer stuff.
May your return be a long and happy experience. :thumbup:
lanny, that is a good summary.
I get to ride some great bikes that are way faster than the storm, and I am sure I could afford to buy one .... but I would rather evolve the Firestorm, and even though it wont be as good as the modern kit, it will make me happier both modding it and riding it to within an inch of its ability
AMcQ