Hi all

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
mr2dogz

Hi all

Post by mr2dogz »

Hi all I am looking into buy a vtr and want help to know what to look out for.I've been and seen one it was a 2000 model no service history but has all 15 mots to prove the miles and she has 13400 miles on the clock and mot runs out in August its completely standed and still has the auto ccts in her.she need new tyres and a oil change. The man was asking £1600 but will let me have it for £1200.Is there any think more I should check on it and is £1200 a good price.
Wicky

Re: Hi all

Post by Wicky »

Greetings

1200 seems a geat deal on a low milage VTR. Check consumables - tyres, brakes, filters, oils & fluids, C&S etc. and ccost them up/ haggle for what their worth if they need or soon need addressing.

Also check if R/R has been upgraded, corrosion on starter terminal under rubber hood, shock linkage for squeaks.

*** Read Me for New Members *** > Bike Maintenance and Upgrades/Modifications > viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31345#p304638
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's a cheap time of year but 1200 for a reasonable one seems ok.
If it's a bit of a dog, you should wait a bit, there'll be others before the sun's out again and prices rise like the sap in the trees.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
mr2dogz

Post by mr2dogz »

Thanks for the help I am going back to see the bike this week as soon as the snow goes.will let you all know if I buy it.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Welcome to the forum.Buy it you'll love it. :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Welcome to the forum,

When you look at the bike again check the rear suspension for any squeaky noises by sitting on it and bouncing up and down on the seat.

The rear suspension bearings are an often overlooked maintenance item and if run dry can be expensive to replace.

Good luck :wave:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along. loads of VTRs about so plenty of choice these days.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

mr2dogz wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:08 pm Hi all I am looking into buy a vtr and want help to know what to look out for.I've been and seen one it was a 2000 model no service history but has all 15 mots to prove the miles and she has 13400 miles on the clock and mot runs out in August its completely standed and still has the auto ccts in her.she need new tyres and a oil change. The man was asking £1600 but will let me have it for £1200.Is there any think more I should check on it and is £1200 a good price.
Welcome to the forum. Have you a link to the ad or anything? Don't worry no one will grab it on you. 1200 sounds like nice money for a low mileage storm if in reasonable nick. Is it standard? If not any nice extras? Can always sell little things on and reinvest.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
mr2dogz

Post by mr2dogz »

Well good news I went to see the bike again today and got it and very happy.the link to the ad is hear.
https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/m ... ntzXcunw1I
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

mr2dogz wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:36 pm Well good news I went to see the bike again today and got it and very happy.the link to the ad is hear.
https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/m ... ntzXcunw1I
Good work mate. They are a lovely bike and that one looks in good nick. Nice price too
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

if you got that for 1200 you got a bargin.

have fun as you start spending like a madman on making it your own :lol:
AMcQ