New Storm owner

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
bazza696

Re: New Storm owner

Post by bazza696 »

I don't have any left at the moment Grumpy took the last lot off me, but I have a stack of dead ones waiting to be modified. If you happy to wait till the new year, I will have set made up ready.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Much appreciated gents. Will get back in touch as and when, though to be honest I did contact Mr W on here when I found the link.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Quick update on my Storm. Have had to fix a few minor issues on the Norton so haven't been able to get as much done on the new lady! While she looks very clean it's been good to get the hidden bits cleaned up properly. I've painted the subframe and been through the back end final drive and brake. I've now moved forward, programmed a new key that came with the bike and just pulled the carbs and cleaned them. I'm a tinkerer by nature but resisted stripping them totally, just a good external clean and check for perished pipes etc. Well, I did remove one diaphragm cap and that was interesting, refitting the spring :oops: now onto the ccts, valve clearances and the tps which is at 920 ohms. I've also rebuilt a used starter and found the perfect replacement for the main terminal (mine was totally corroded) a captive M6 stud from a 1.8 Passat water pump which has a rectangular head and a good fit for the brush assy.
With a go thru of the starter relay contacts. (corroded) it now cranks really well even at recent temps.
Found pipe clips not in place, a handtight rear plug, handtight carb clamps, all minor really but this was a main dealer (original) serviced bike.
Also bought a pyramid belly pan to go on, which the original buy had fitted.
That's it for now then a coolant change, some paint on the rad's and a front brake check.
What I notice compared with the 98 I did 140 miles on is the front end is much stiffer. I read it was only a minor change but the PO had the compression screwed out and he was 90kg + his missus. I set it to STD and its pretty harsh, more comfy than the Norton's roadholders tho!
Can't wait for the new year and getting some miles in.
Have a great Christmas all.