Contacting memebrs...

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Martinz

Contacting memebrs...

Post by Martinz »

Hi all
Im not sure if im missing something out here but there's no way to contact members at all untill I reach 50 posts ? is that correct ?

Some people have posted in the for sale and wanted section , and i feel like a grounded child not aloud out to play..
StormyRob

Re: Contacting memebrs...

Post by StormyRob »

The rule is there to prevent people coming in and buying up well priced items and then disappearing. It is there because the members on this forum engage with one another. So get your posts up and you will be able to buy stuff...
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

'fraid so

vtr1000.org Rules and Regs - Please Read
11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Martinz wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 am , and i feel like a grounded child not aloud out to play..
tough love!!!!!!

get back to your room and don't come out till you have 50 posts
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

StormyRob wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 am The rule is there to prevent people coming in and buying up well priced items and then disappearing. It is there because the members on this forum engage with one another. So get your posts up and you will be able to buy stuff...
I think there was also someone who joined and started selling lots of bits that people were after .... then the parts never turned up or were in bad condition. so to prevent this we have to build a bond of trust by getting to know each other through being part of the community
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I wish new members would read our forum rules before starting threads like this one :thumbdown:

Thanks Wicky for posting a link to them, and posting Rule 11.

Anyone who moans about our 50 post count for new members would not be so happy if they had sent money to somebody selling parts which they didn't receive, or ever see their money again. You are right Al (AMCQ46)
Okay this rule is not going to stop this from ever happening again, but if it helps reduce the chances of that, it has to be a good thing, not a bad thing.

Forum rules link for those who have missed it:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19054

Chris.
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:10 pm I wish new members would read our forum rules before starting threads like this one :thumbdown:

Thanks Wicky for posting a link to them, and posting Rule 11.

Anyone who moans about our 50 post count for new members would not be so happy if they had sent money to somebody selling parts which they didn't receive, or ever see their money again. You are right Al (AMCQ46)
Okay this rule is not going to stop this from ever happening again, but if it helps reduce the chances of that, it has to be a good thing, not a bad thing.

Forum rules link for those who have missed it:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19054

Chris.
It was a question mate, hence why I asked. I was also un-able to contact the admin when i tried the other day because of said rule.

Ive read the rules thanks , and ive been a member for a year, but I like reading the technical info this forum has to offer, not posting about what colour pants im wearing or what im going to have for dinner tonight.
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Thankd for the reply all. The only reason I asked , as i noticed a member was after some bits , which I have , which they are more than welcome to have !
Shame to not be able to help out thats all.

Anyway ill get back in my box :wave:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Martinz wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:54 pm Thankd for the reply all. The only reason I asked , as i noticed a member was after some bits , which I have , which they are more than welcome to have !
Shame to not be able to help out thats all.

Anyway ill get back in my box :wave:
Nothing to stop you posting asking them to PM you, or asking if somebody could PM them on your behalf...

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The other offense is joining just to sell your bike
By the way, what colour pants is your bike?
I'm assuming blue........

:wave:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

this is a pants free forum :lol: . or is that just me lol...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 am this is a pants free forum :lol: . or is that just me lol...
Isn't it only Norton that go commando?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.