Newbee

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
MacV2

Re: Newbee

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am Hmmm. My bullshit meter is beginning to twitch.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am Hmmm. My bullshit meter is beginning to twitch.
No better way of putting that.
He has clearly not sorted it. As such he should not be paid.
Get the bike back and I am sure after some deliberation this forum can solve the problem.

Where are you located?
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:40 pm
Get the bike back and I am sure after some deliberation this forum can solve the problem.

Where are you located?
Vac pipe is not on correctly or at all...It will start & run with the fule in the carbs but once used it will cough & splutter as the fuel is not getting through as it should, then fail to start...been there done that...lesson learnt...
Geeman

Post by Geeman »

StormyRob wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Where are you located?
But it was ok yesterday. He even went out on it to make sure. Tried to start from cold this morning and eventually did but ran roughly
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Could be down to what Mac suggested mate. I doubt she has been destroyed by him.
Geeman

Post by Geeman »

Hi
Going up to see him tomorrow. I connected the vac pipe wrongly when i first took the tank off and on again. Its a good bike. It will be fine but its a little upsetting when you have spent the last month recommisioning it...sorting all fluids...a few mods...sorting the sh1t wiring...sorting previous owners bodges and cleaning up ready to go. Booked my first trip out for this Sunday. Wont happen now...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Try what mac said. It costs nothing.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Of course the other possiblity is the cack handed fool with the spanners has wrecked the choke dodahs taking the carbs off...Or forgoten to plug the TPS in...
Geeman

Post by Geeman »

Hi
Whats the TPS...why did it run so well the night before...cant get my head round that one...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Throttle position sensor.Did you see and hear it running the night before ? Where are you based perhaps a forum member can have a look at it.The men on this site know more about vtr's than any mechanic.
Geeman

Post by Geeman »

Where is that positioned. Going up in a bit to have a look. He said it ran well and he went out on it. I didnt hear it but i know how it sounded the day i took it in. We have had issues getting it running because it has bee noff the road for 5 to 6 years. But once we cleaned everything out it was fine. It has been in a workshop and would even start without the choke or very little choke. My bro in law took it out and said it has loads of power. To me it did sound a little flat when first started up and then after about 2 or 3 minutes it would pick up and run well and rev very cleanly...mmm...not sure...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Positioned on the r/h side of the carbs.Regarding one cylinder not as hot as the other it's because it's not firing on that one every time that it should.Plugs and caps,coils and leads,petcock diaphram ? The first thing i would check is vacuum pipe connection.Good luck.
Geeman

Post by Geeman »

Just about to go to the shop to see about the bike and he phoned to say it was ready. Spark plug on rear cylinder breaking down( which we didnt replace the spark plugs) and primary jets blocked which he thinks he has done when disassembling and assembling again. Just picked it up and sounds so much better than before we took it in. Very smooth with the manual tensioners fitted. Loads of power but now the LED indicator relay has sh1t out on the way home. Working perfectly til i got to my drive and now steady on indicators not flahing...oh well....
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

That's good news mate. At least she is mechanically
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Glad it's sorted out. Just the relay now. :thumbup: