Exhaust cans

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
bertye

Exhaust cans

Post by bertye »

Well, I have got around to making my new exhaust cans / silencers over the Easter. It come with short MTC's, which were far to laud. I brought some 2nd hand originals so I could use the connecting pipes from the MTC's. When they turned up the left one had holes drilled in the end. But to heavy, ugly and to quiet even with the holes drilled in one of them. I have not gone for the straight through and perf pipe,which would of not been much better. I have made them with 2 chambers. Sound sweet and roorty, but not ear damaging. I have made the same sort of cans before over the years, and all with good results.The power is smooth, and the front wheel is still trying to go skywards even in 3rd, so a big smile on ones face. Carbration is clean. Oddly I had the odd carb farts with the standard cans and snachy at low revs. No problem with these on though.
A Pyramid belly pan fitted that come in silver.

Last edited by bertye on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OtterSmacker

Re: Exhaust cans

Post by OtterSmacker »

Looking good, Bertye. :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

thats a neat looking job :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good work with your new cans Bert :thumbup: well done,

Chris.
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

I'll gladly dispose of the MTC cans for you :lol:
bertye

Post by bertye »

Got myself a VFR800 Vtec now. (still got the VTR). As soon as I got it home it got the full strip down treatment, and is slowly going back together. PAIR's mode (which I sell for almost all Honda's including the VTR1000), wires and fuse mods. Just got to make my own rear exhaust system, which is a headache to do on these.