Hey ho!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself

Hey ho!

Post by 903 »

Howdy,
I'm a new member here from Wexford in Ireland. I may have jumped the gun as I haven't actually got a VTR (yet). VFR(00) and Fireblade(06) are my last 10 years riding choices. Trying t buy a good clean sorted VTR at the moment and I figured this is the place to find out about them. Always wanted one but I had a long commute so they weren't practical. That's been cut to a 18'mile round trip so it's finally on!

MacV2

Re: Hey ho!

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome in, keep your eye on evil bay & gumtree...Prices are a bit high ATM IMO but they do come up cheap sometimes...

Expect to be doing some work on cheaper ones tho...If you want a fully sorted one then expect to pay a bit more...

Having said that they are a peice of P to work on & plenty of bits avaliable out there & plenty on knowlage avaliable on here...

Spesh if you like hammers... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of info on this site about vtr's from some really knowledgeable people. :thumbup: :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Welcome to the forum.

Half the battle is having the appropriate bargaining skills and realising when someone is desperate to sell!

My bike was advertised at 1800 (joker) and I came away with it for 1300. I've seen a fair few Irish fellas with storms on Facebook etc. It would be a journey obviously but maybe consider north of the border too as there are quite a few there too.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along 903. im only up the road from you,well a bit up the road, welcome to forum and theres normally a few up north here for sale.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:

Post by 903 »

Thanks lads!
Hopefully going to view one on Tuesday.

Post by 903 »

fabiostar wrote:welcome along 903. im only up the road from you,well a bit up the road, welcome to forum and theres normally a few up north here for sale.
What are the best sites? eBay, biketrader, gumtree, any more?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

903 wrote:
fabiostar wrote:welcome along 903. im only up the road from you,well a bit up the road, welcome to forum and theres normally a few up north here for sale.
What are the best sites? eBay, biketrader, gumtree, any more?
on ebay you will find more bikes but not that many in Ireland. id be trying gumtree and donedeal.ie ...throw up any pictures u can of any bikes your going to see and we can at least have a peep at them.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I agree with fabio there. I'm originally from the north too. Have to say I picked up my bikes on Gumtree. I also sold there too. You might get lucky with eBay and certainly use eBay for parts, but bike wise try Gumtree.

Post by 903 »

Cheers.

Hopefully going to look at this this week,

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for- ... t/14042268
macdee

Post by macdee »

Hello and welcome
Fabio has just got a red bike which he could sell you
He's not aloud a red bike
told you not to but oh no you knew better
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

903 wrote:Cheers.

2250 euros is 1965 quid. Just my opinion but no way is that bike worth that money. 24k and clean but not many go for 2000. I couldn't see an item description but I assume there is a FSH asking that money?
Storms have gone up a little in price but mine only cost me 1300 with 11k. Same model, year and colour. Having to respray it but mechanically it's pretty good.
1500 max. If it's fantastic.

Just my opinion which ain't worth much!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

macdee wrote:Hello and welcome
Fabio has just got a red bike which he could sell you
He's not aloud a red bike
lol piss you rite off lol :clap:

looks a clean yoke but as said a tad dear. good to see it has manuals on it tho.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote:
903 wrote:Cheers.

2250 euros is 1965 quid. Just my opinion but no way is that bike worth that money. 24k and clean but not many go for 2000. I couldn't see an item description but I assume there is a FSH asking that money?
Storms have gone up a little in price but mine only cost me 1300 with 11k. Same model, year and colour. Having to respray it but mechanically it's pretty good.
1500 max. If it's fantastic.

Just my opinion which ain't worth much!!
+1 on that, bit pricey, read through no metion of any suspension Mods, so factor in cost of fork springs or Rogering, or just an oil change...At the rear is a different thing, check to see if it has a std shock, they can be resprung but at age/milage it will be getting tired, consider a new shock. Apart from that it's a clean looking bike, ask if the shock linkage has had a service that he knows of ?

Set of lines if it hasn't got them & some nice pipes will do you for starters...Yeah I think £15/1600 is tops...Having said that the last two I bought were £1200...Gumtree local to me...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...