Whats Next

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
fatfreddy000

Re: Whats Next

Post by fatfreddy000 »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
VTRDark wrote:Well it's the oil and springs that make the biggest difference but the extra revolution tweeks Roger adds is the icing on the cake. And you right for the money it's a bargain especially as that includes the parts and he polishes up the stanchions. Best £200 spent on these bikes. :thumbup:
hi there.
sorting out the terrible front end on my newly purchased firestorm,.
along with new discs, rebuilding callipers, wheel bearings, new tyre, new headstock tapered bearings the forks are also dead soft and bottom out on any major speed bumps or potholes- very unpleasant experience and I'm sure not good for the rest of the front end when it knocks so harshly.
so anyway i need to sort for as cheap possible.
do you have details/contact details of roger who rebuilds them stiffer and improved?
thanks,
Mat.
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
Watty

Post by Watty »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
fatfreddy000 wrote:
VTRDark wrote:Well it's the oil and springs that make the biggest difference but the extra revolution tweeks Roger adds is the icing on the cake. And you right for the money it's a bargain especially as that includes the parts and he polishes up the stanchions. Best £200 spent on these bikes. :thumbup:
hi there.
sorting out the terrible front end on my newly purchased firestorm,.
along with new discs, rebuilding callipers, wheel bearings, new tyre, new headstock tapered bearings the forks are also dead soft and bottom out on any major speed bumps or potholes- very unpleasant experience and I'm sure not good for the rest of the front end when it knocks so harshly.
do you have details/contact details of roger who rebuilds them stiffer and improved?
thanks,
Mat.
+1 on Rogered forks
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
hi there.
sorting out the terrible from end on my newly purchase firestorm,.
along with new discs, wheel bearings, new tyre, new headstock tapered bearings the forks are also dead soft bottom out on any major speed bumps or potholes- very unpleasant experience and I'm sure bot good for the rest of the fronted when it knocks so harshly.
do you have details/contct details of roger who rebuilt the stiffer and improved?
thanks,
Mat.
Roger Ditchfield's site with contact details:-
http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk

Having the forks reworked by VTR Guru Roger will transform the bikes handling :thumbup:

Chris.
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

sirch345 wrote:
fatfreddy000 wrote:
hi there.
sorting out the terrible from end on my newly purchase firestorm,.
along with new discs, wheel bearings, new tyre, new headstock tapered bearings the forks are also dead soft bottom out on any major speed bumps or potholes- very unpleasant experience and I'm sure bot good for the rest of the fronted when it knocks so harshly.
do you have details/contct details of roger who rebuilt the stiffer and improved?
thanks,
Mat.
Roger Ditchfield's site with contact details:-
http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk

Having the forks reworked by VTR Guru Roger will transform the bikes handling :thumbup:

Chris.
thanks so much.
if its around £200 seems a bargain as a set of springs alone is at least £100.
if i can get the dough ill do this at same time as the headstock bearings..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fatfreddy000 wrote:[

thanks so much.
if i can get the dough ill do this at same time as the headstock bearings..
You're more than welcome. Wicky did post the site link up, but you wouldn't have known what you were looking for just yet.

Roger has kept the price down over the years as he has a bit of a soft spot for the Firestorm (and the USA version the Superhawk).
You'll also have supplied information on how to set the forks up properly to get the best from them.
Exactly :thumbup:

Chris.