Hi! My VTR story!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
AndyEames

Hi! My VTR story!

Post by AndyEames »

First of all, hi guys glad to be a new member. Just thought id share my story with you all and see what you think.

My dad bought a 1997 yellow storm back in 2004 with hardly any miles on it and in fantastic condition. I remember when he bought it home as at the time i was 15 years old. I instantly fell in love with it and loved goin on the back of it whenever i could. I would watch him go to work and think that he looked the dogs danglies!

In 2007 my dad realised that it wasnt as comfortable for him as he was starting to get old (as dads do!) and made the decision to sell it, as you would expect it went pretty quick and i was devastated! It was always my favourite bike of his and it gutted me!

A few years on and i did my full test and had only one idea in mind... Find my dads old storm! So i set about looking and didnt have a clue where to look! A few more years passed and i was starting to think that my dream was never going to come true.

Although im glad to say after 10 years and a lot of looking i have tracked it down and bought it back! I cant believe what i have, a childhood dream And my dad cant believe i managed to pull it off! It means alot to me to have it and it in as good condition as it was when it was sold!

So there you go! I hope this was interesting enough for you its made my world and i thought there was no better place to tell this story! Viva la storm!
VTRDark

Re: Hi! My VTR story!

Post by VTRDark »

Wow what a lovely story. Get some pics up when you get a chance.

Welcome to the world of Firestorm. :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
simo

Post by simo »

Welcome to the forum. Pictures and your location would be a help. A member on here my know the bike. :thumbup:
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Hi and welcome along.
Great story. But your never too old to ride. Your Dad should pick up another bike and get back on the road. :beer:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome to the club mate. Lovely story! You nearly set me off :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

I will get some pictures up when i figure it out. My iphone isnt playing ball. My dad still does ride and he bought a harley afterwards and still has one. Im going on a ride out with him soon. Im in derby by the way! Bike was in coalville when i found it! Thanks for the warm welcome!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I wouldn't mind my dads bike It was a Dougless Dragon fly and probably worth a few bob now too. Great story.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

great story, I still hope one of my daughters will have the same desire to have one of my bikes.............. but not so likley :(

glad you got there in the end and to make it better you got the best colour
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

A really lovely story, well done in being reunited with your Dad's old bike :clap:

Chris.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Welcome along :)

Must have been fantastic to finally track it down and hop on the front seat for the first time :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

Thanks for all your responses. It was amazing to ride it for the first time. Just when i went to see it for the first time i had to put on a good poker face as inside i was like a small l, excited child! And had to try and act like an adult! Which is difficult at the best of times! Just need some better weather and the good times will roll on!
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Great story, welcome in.
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Bloody excellent story...sounds like you and your old fella are pretty tight, lovin that. Greetings by the way!
darkember

Post by darkember »

Sweet :thumbup: :thumbup: