MotoE world cup

Any racing related stuff
freeridenick

MotoE world cup

Post by freeridenick »

I thought I'd be late to the party with this, having only just managed to watch the coverage from the German GP. I expected mucho opinion on the subject.

I for one thought it was great. The super pole idea was interesting and it only took half a dozen or so riders before I forget about the lack of noise - the sound of knee sliders scraping, when was the last time that was heard through the telly? On the flip side, they were only ten seconds slower with no chance to get into it or anyone to chase but it looked slow and engine noise really adds to the sense of speed. Great to see tyres smoking though.

The race was better still and it took less than a lap to forget about the missing engine noise for me. The noise of the motor wasn't worse or better, just different. Like a dieing sea monster my missus said. The racing was tight and a more open track will hopefully make it better. They need to do something about dealing with crashes though. I can see red flags any time a bike goes down.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: MotoE world cup

Post by Pete.L »

It’s the 350kg weight of the bike which surprised me. Once they pick a line they are stuck with it and if they miss a brake point ,Yikes, twitchy sphincter time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, but you don't have to worry about snacking on a second pie with your mash and liquor the way the Moto GP boys have to!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:54 am Yeah, but you don't have to worry about snacking on a second pie with your mash and liquor the way the Moto GP boys have to!
:lol: :thumbup:

I agree, the weight is something else. IIRC the commentators were saying that 350kg's are the minimum weight, and that some were pushing nearer 400kg's 8O No wonder the marshals soon ran away when they saw a bike coming their way :)
They need to sort something out with that, or as freeridenick says the red flag will be out a lot more.

I didn't find it so boring as I was expecting. I wouldn't swap it for I.C engines, but I did enjoy watching all of the Moto E surprisingly,

Chris.