Bruno MGP Spoiler...

Any racing related stuff
MacV2

Bruno MGP Spoiler...

Post by MacV2 »

Two Yes two brits win a race... Sod all in the paper about it...

35 years since Sheen was the last Brit to win at the top level.

Well done Cal... :thumbup:

Well done Mcphee... :thumbup:

Oh & next time you think your tryes a bit iffy in the wet...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
countrymick

Re: Bruno MGP Spoiler...

Post by countrymick »

yep that is fecked. :wtf: and great results for the brits :thumbup:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i think Cal is a Knob, But credit where credit is due, Well done Cal. Iannone, feck how did he stay on that thing so long.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Great to see Cal take a win at long last, a very brave man to take a gamble on the his tyre choice. I'm glad it paid off for him.
Hard to believe it was so long ago, and that it was Barry Sheene who was the last Brit to take take a win in the premier class.

John McPhee did well too in Moto 3, how on earth he stayed on I'll never know, I'm glad he did though to take the win.

I cannot imagine how Iannone was able to still ride the Duke with the front tyre in such a degraded state, I was worried it was going to go bang 8O I'm glad it lasted the race,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What's going on with that front tyre and why is not a slick
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:What's going on with that front tyre and why is not a slick
Coz it's a rain tyre as it was raining...He went for the soft compound F & R it didnt work... Changed it on the grid ..mass panic with loads of them copying him...Cal kept hard compound F&R which is what worked on the day.

Lorenzo was/is just shite in the wet on the Michelins...Dovi threw a tantrum & changed bikes twice...

Laverty finished in 6th, which was toaly missed by the twats comentating...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh I didn't realise it was raining. Look at the big chunks that are missing though it like it's worn unevenly. It looks like chunks have fallen off or someone has taken a hammer and chisel to it leaving bald patches all on the right hand side.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that was a cracking race, no predictable outcomes, lots of things going on all up and down the field and the way people were moving up from a long way back as the conditions changed [and those drifting back for the same reason]

Cal can come over as arrogant because he has a very dry sense of humour, but you have to respect the determination and tenacity he shows..... and by his own admission, he is not the most naturally gifted rider, he has to make up for it in determination and hard work.

I also liked his park Ferme interview.... called the other "pussies" for changing to soft tyres, said that becoming a dad last week overshadowed winning his 1st MotoGP and dedicated the win to his team who had to rebuild his bike the night before after he smashed it to bits trying too hard.

shane that Scott Redding went backwards, but his tyre must have ge the same way as Ianonne.

and as for Wee John in the Moto3....... how the feck he saved that!!!! he went for Hero to nearly zero then back to double Hero....... his leathers must have been heavily soiled on the podium!!
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Congratulations to Cal for staying on for a complete race, just shows if you stay on then you win. :)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bazza696 wrote:Congratulations to Cal for staying on for a complete race, just shows if you stay on then you win. :)

No, Bazza, otherwise all the finishers would have won.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Well I know for sure Lorenzo didn't win, he spent more time in the pits than on the track.