Post by Flatline »

BT sport 2 starts 7.30am
Rossi is at the front this time!!!
So let's hope he gets a good start
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Motogp Assen tomorrow

Post by sirch345 »

I didn't expect that from Rossi :thumbup: See how close the times are for the top 12 riders :eh:

Chris.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Yes unbelievable

I really hope Marques goes well

The fact is I hope they all go well
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

sirch345 wrote:I didn't expect that from Rossi :
I did... He knew he had to work on FP and Qualifying, and thats exactly what he did.
What i didn't see coming was Lorenzo having a bit of a struggle.

But not only did he put it on Pole, its a new circuit lap record, beating Casey Stoners previous record from 2012 by over a second!
All while getting through and dodging slow traffic on his Q2 lap.
And tops it off with a one handed wheelie down the main straight while waving at the crowd ;)

Hopefully HRC have added grab rails to MM's bike, god knows he needs them to pick his bike up from the kitty litter!
Although back to his 2014 frame, hopefully that solves the front tuck issues.
He already binned it on his outlap of FP1.

Personally, i want to see Rossi win!
And win the Championship too.

Not that i'm a Rossi fan boy, just because so many commentators wrote him off over the passed 3 years, saying he will not win again.
Well, he has won again and has been on top of the 2015 World Championship leader board since the first race of the session!
And has handed the new young hot shot a few lessons in the process ;)
Yep, a surprise to us all, but great to watch as he makes the doubters eat their words!
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Salty Dog wrote:
sirch345 wrote:I didn't expect that from Rossi :
I did... He knew he had to work on FP and Qualifying, and thats exactly what he did.
You must have a crystal ball then :lol: Rossi has been saying that for I don't know how many races, at least he's managed it this time :D
It'll be interesting to see how things go,

Chris.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Moto3... totally mental!
Moto2... Red Flagged, bike on fire (oil on track)

Not sure i can contain myself for MotoGP ;)
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Good racing in moto 3
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Cop that MM....
Master and Apprentice, Master still has some lessons.

Getting sick of MM using other riders as braking and cornering assistance, that will learn him ;)
Had Rossi been knocked over in the last corner, i'm sure Race Control would have awarded MM with some kind of penalty.

Next time he dive bombs, i hope the other rider just stands it up, so MM runs straight ahead.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

and so the doctor called again :clap: ... brilliant to see the old guy still at the top... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

And Crutchlow didn't fall off hooray.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

OMG.... talk about a sore loser.
Marquez: “I didn’t think he’d cut the corner”

A dramatic return to form for Marc Marquez at the Motul TT Assen where once again the infamous last chicane decided the race.
It was a difficult start to the weekend for Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) who crashed on his out lap in FP1. But the Spaniard was able to recover and secure a front row start while running an older version of the Honda frame. This made Marquez more comfortable on the bike, allowing him to take more risks and push as he did in 2014.
Marquez took a different approach to this race, deciding to be quiet during the start, waiting for his chance to overtake Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha). The final chicane was a crucial part of Marquez’s plan and he spent many laps studying the line of Rossi through the corner. As in 2006 with Colin Edwards and Nicky Hayden, the final chicane decided the race in dramatic fashion with Marquez just losing out.
Marc Marquez: “You can’t imagine what I feel, I’m really happy because we return to the top. We came back fighting for the win which is the most important. I’m happy because we usually struggle here. Most importantly though, I enjoyed the bike again. There’s still some areas to improve. I was quiet and calm during the race and studied Rossi a lot, learning when I could overtake him and attack. I made a mistake with three laps to go, but I made it back, The whole race I focused on studying the last chicane perfectly, I knew where to put the bike to limit his space but I didn’t think he’d cut the corner. In the end I feel we won the race, but five points don’t really matter for me.”
“It’s important for me and the team to come back, especially in a track where we have struggled before. We enjoyed the track and the bike and with a lot to improve, especially at the end of the race. I took care of the tyres a lot and now we head to Germany. I learnt some motocross from Rossi today!”
Considering the amount of riders MM has almost taken off the track, and some that he has taken off, the above is a pretty rich statement i think.

Here is what race direction had to say.
MotoGP Assen: Race Director talks Rossi, Marquez incident

27 June 2015 “The basis of the decision is primarily the helicopter shot that shows at every stage Valentino was ahead” – MotoGP race director Mike Webb
Even tho i snapped this from the telly ;)

Nice vision of the incident here
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I'm really glad that Marques has got his mojo back

However, I reckon the decision was the correct one

It was a close call though