Argentina 2015 MotoGP Spoiler.....

Any racing related stuff
8541Hawk

Argentina 2015 MotoGP Spoiler.....

Post by 8541Hawk »

Another great race and the end couldn't have been better IMHO.

Though I wonder if Mr Marquez got the message.

I don't like Marquez and never have as I feel road racing at these levels is not a contact sport.
Yeah you do rub from time to time but it is bad from to ram into someone in order to make a pass.

I've watched Marquez pull that stunt happen while he was coming up through the classes with enough consistency to see it was his riding style....... If I can't get by and feel you are slowing me down, I'll just ram into you....

IMHO he did it in the first race of this season..... went off track, came back in the back of the back and took someone out. by ramming them, almost right away.

So we get to the end of this race......any of you expect him not to ram Val trying to get back by when he got passed?
What are your thoughts on what happened next?

While it was ruled a racing incident and looked the part, after hearing Vals interview I have some second thoughts.....

Val saying "I felt him touch me in the corner and then a second time" was pretty kind as with my new High Def it is real clear to see a puff of smoke come off of Marquezs rear tire as he gassed it right as he hit Val....... again bad form in my book.

Then you get "well I'm sorry for his crash and hope he is ok"........ after that and closely watching what happened next, I now believe that was Rossi speak for he rammed me twice, was getting ready to do it again, so I took him out.

I mean anyone else, yeah quick peek and pitch the bike into the corner and the back might step out a touch.....but we are talking Val here, it stepped out because he wanted it to IMHO and rightly so as it was clear Marquez was setting up to try a dive under him to try it again in the next corner.
What do you guys think?

For me, if the kid cleans up his riding, I might be able to like him but as it stands now it is just a shame that with so much talent he rides like a tw@ a times.
And Go Val :beer:

Oh and Cal looked good there at the end also :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
lloydie

Re: Argentina 2015 MotoGP Spoiler.....

Post by lloydie »

Who cares !! Cal came 3rd :thumbup: :).

Lube, no lube, it's your choice .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Talking of rubbing people up the wrong way, did you see Sofuoglu in WSS against Cluzel? Another fecking nutter!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

8541Hawk wrote:Another great race and the end couldn't have been better IMHO.

Though I wonder if Mr Marquez got the message.

I don't like Marquez and never have as I feel road racing at these levels is not a contact sport.
Yeah you do rub from time to time but it is bad from to ram into someone in order to make a pass.

I've watched Marquez pull that stunt happen while he was coming up through the classes with enough consistency to see it was his riding style....... If I can't get by and feel you are slowing me down, I'll just ram into you....

IMHO he did it in the first race of this season..... went off track, came back in the back of the back and took someone out. by ramming them, almost right away.

So we get to the end of this race......any of you expect him not to ram Val trying to get back by when he got passed?
What are your thoughts on what happened next?

While it was ruled a racing incident and looked the part, after hearing Vals interview I have some second thoughts.....

Val saying "I felt him touch me in the corner and then a second time" was pretty kind as with my new High Def it is real clear to see a puff of smoke come off of Marquezs rear tire as he gassed it right as he hit Val....... again bad form in my book.

Then you get "well I'm sorry for his crash and hope he is ok"........ after that and closely watching what happened next, I now believe that was Rossi speak for he rammed me twice, was getting ready to do it again, so I took him out.

I mean anyone else, yeah quick peek and pitch the bike into the corner and the back might step out a touch.....but we are talking Val here, it stepped out because he wanted it to IMHO and rightly so as it was clear Marquez was setting up to try a dive under him to try it again in the next corner.
What do you guys think?

For me, if the kid cleans up his riding, I might be able to like him but as it stands now it is just a shame that with so much talent he rides like a tw@ a times.
And Go Val :beer:

Oh and Cal looked good there at the end also :thumbup:

yeah lot of sense there hawky. wait 2 or three years until danny kent is in moto gp class and marky mark wont be able to get close enough to knock him off :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I agree Hawk.
I think Vale is a ruthless assassin, and he needed to show Marc who is the toughest in a dogfight. He did it to Sete Gibernau and Stoner in the past, and I think he did it again yesterday.

the thing with yesterdays crash is that Rossi didn't need to act like the aggressor, as Marc is always too aggressive, he just had to "inadvertently" move his rear wheel 2" to the right in the knowledge that marc would already be too close and getting ready to body check him. So he used the Marquez aggression and helped make it backfire............ a very smart trick.

the give away was when Rossi looked over his shoulder, he knew where Marc was, but as he didn't need to move his bike much it didn't look blatant......... it was Marcs fault for being so keen to barge into people.

He is back to full God Like Status, and I hope he can win the title :thumbup:
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev L wrote:Talking of rubbing people up the wrong way, did you see Sofuoglu in WSS against Cluzel? Another fecking nutter!

yes keenan is a kamakasi pilot.......... would be great to put him and Marquez on the same track and let them fight
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Whichever way you look at it, Rossi is the one with the most experience, plus they say he is a mastermind when it comes to working out tactic's in the race. The stupid thing about it is Marquez didn't need a win, second place would have been fine for now. But then I suppose all racers want to win.

I agree with you Hawk on the amount of contact Marquez seems to think is okay, but in my book, if you play rough you have to take it on the chin when somebody does it back to you.

The strange thing is lady-luck (or whatever you like to call it) seemed to be on Marquez's side last year, the things he got a way with were amazing, this year however luck hasn't been on his side so much so far.

I still think Marquez is the man to beat, but he certainly is not having it all his own way this year so far.

Like Al (AMcQ), I would luv to see Rossi win another championship.

As Lloydie mentions, great to see Cal on the podium :thumbup:

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Who cares !! Cal came 3rd :thumbup: :).

Lube, no lube, it's your choice .
Yep Lucy would have got some action sunday night !!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!