Rising star in motorcycle sport

Any racing related stuff
Kev L

Rising star in motorcycle sport

Post by Kev L »

Nice report with pictures in Practical Sportsbikes this month of the most talented motorcycle racer since Mike Hailwood. Marc Marquez has been put down on record as remarking " malcolm, who he?" :lol:

Well done to our very own racer geezer Malc Sampson aka Popcat on Rider of the Weekend award and pushing the eventual series winner so hard even with your run of bad luck you suffered. :clap:
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Re: Rising star in motorcycle sport

Post by lloydie »

:clap:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bravo that man...

Works Suzuki next year then ...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

Only just seen this thread, Well spotted Kev :thumbup:

Nice to get a bit of coverage :biggrin If i'd have actually got to do the full season I reckon I'd have won the bloody championship, I had him at cadwell, was faster at Pembrey but didn't get to race due to a crash, did faster lap times at Donnington. Finally got the brakes much better by Snetterton, this was the bikes weakest point and the bike was it's best yet.

I still have no idea about next season, the bikes owner is being very quiet, i'm thinking he's not going to do it again :( it would be a real shame as I've put so much into the bike, it's pretty much as good as it can be now, needs new rings and a bit of paint but that's nothing over winter, still waiting to hear.
If he says no then I don't have a lot of options, I could race the old XJ600 but that needs an engine rebuild and it struggles against the much lighter FZ's, then i'd have to find the money to race, i'd need sponsorship or it won't happen, times are hard what with starting a new business this year.
I'll update of any developments.

Cheers.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:Bravo that man...

Works Suzuki next year then ...?

I'd love to race one of the XR69 reps like what Michael Dunlop was riding on the Island, can't see anyone giving me a £25k bike to race though, lets face it not even Marc Marquez knows who I am :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s