Moto GP (SPOILER)

Any racing related stuff
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Moto GP (SPOILER)

Post by sirch345 »

I see Marquez has been told :eh:

http://www1.skysports.com/motor-racing/ ... -collision

MotoGP Championship leader Marc Marquez has been docked a penalty point for careless riding in last week's race at Aragon.

Marquez was deemed at fault following a mid-race collision with fellow Honda rider Dani Pedrosa, who crashed out of the race shortly afterwards.

The 20-year-old rookie blamed "bad luck" for the incident, but Pedrosa insisted Marquez had caused the collision which damaged his traction control sensor, leading to his crash.

MotoGP officials have now handed Marquez his third penalty point of the season, and one more transgression will relegate him to the back of the starting grid for the next race.

The incident at Aragon has also led to Honda losing all of their 25 points, cutting their lead over Yamaha in the constructors' championship to just one point.

Sanction

MotoGP issued the sanctions after a Race Direction hearing at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia, with Marquez, Pedrosa and Honda team officials all present.

The hearing found that "a touch from Marquez's left arm broke the rear wheel speed sensor cable on the back of Pedrosa's bike, resulting in a loss of his traction control for the latter which saw him crashing out of the race".

Marquez was hit with a two-point penalty at Silverstone earlier this season when he was deemed to have ignored yellow flags during the warm-up.

He now leads the title race by 39 points from defending champion Jorge Lorenzo heading into this weekend's Malaysian MotoGP - the 15th of 18 meetings this season.

seb421 wrote:Ive herd whispers that BMW will be looking to take on MotoGP with there own project in the next few years

Suzuki was originally planing a 2014 return but iirc rules and changes meant they was better going for 2015

Shame kawazaki puled out too and even that hyatie thing that was basically a black kwak that melandri was racing was doing so well as well at the time they pulled the plug on that as well.

iirc they plan to scrap the CRT as soon as financially possible

Also i wish they had left world superbikes as 750 inline 4's vs 1000 cc twins that was the best era for it, seems daft to have two world championships both running the same capacity engines
Seb, we could do with BMW and any of the others who are not there right now to be in Moto GP I'm sure. As for the CRT bikes, I'll be surprised if they do scrap them, but if they are planning to do that, I can't see that happening until other manufactures with full on works bikes are on the grid. That's probably what you meant by as soon as financially possible.

Those were the days I agree with the inline 750 fours and the 1000cc V twins :D

Chris.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Aye Chris, hope it doesn't stop him being exiting on track tho

From MCN a Honda press release;

The fallout from Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa’s Motorland Aragon incident has seen every single Honda fitted with a new carbon protector for the rear wheel speed sensor at this weekend’s Sepang race in Malaysia.

The small carbon protection will prevent a repeat of the freak incident involving the Repsol Honda pair at the last race, which effectively killed off Pedrosa’s hopes of winning the premier class title for the first time.

Pedrosa high-sided out of victory contention at the Motorland Aragon when minimal contact from Marquez severed a rear wheel speed sensor cable that disabled Pedrosa's traction control.

Speaking immediately after the Motorland Aragon race in Spain, HRC boss Shuhei Nakamoto told MCN the exposed rear wheel speed sensor cable would be immediately modified for the Malaysia race and he said: “We have used this system for several years and never had this problem. But now it has happened Honda must fix it before the next race. We will do something different and we will have this for Malaysia."

Those soon to be available customer Honda's that stoner was testing last week are cheaper than running a satellite bike and are lapping within current lap times of the factory boys, or at least they was with him at the helm lol

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=30875

Fingers crossed they can fade out the CRT, could be like having some sort of new type Moto1 bikes in with MotoGP bikes, still going to be a margin but should be reduced significantly
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers Seb for that link, I'd missed that :D

I can't see Marquez being less exciting to watch with the penalties he got, it should make him have a bit more respect for his fellow riders.

If they can reduce the margin on the track between the different categories of bikes they have now, all the better. At the moment it's really all to do with the Full Works Honda's and Yamaha's.

Chris.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

sirch345 wrote:Cheers Seb for that link, I'd missed that :D

I can't see Marquez being less exciting to watch with the penalties he got, it should make him have a bit more respect for his fellow riders.

If they can reduce the margin on the track between the different categories of bikes they have now, all the better. At the moment it's really all to do with the Full Works Honda's and Yamaha's.

Chris.
no worries mate:) do hope they let stoner have a blast round the home track next race, imagine the show of him and marquez sliding it round and getting the bike out of shape and just pinning it

marquez certainly wasn't any less exciting mate if you haven't seen today's race your in for a special one, rode the wombles like a moto2 bike backing it in to make passes

it was hold your breath stuff watching him and Lorenzo do battle, Lorenzo got more aggressive on track with marc than i have seen him in years
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Was a great race to watch, as you say, i did think i was watching a Super Motard race half the time.
My home track next week.
As for any notion Stoner would be competitive, pfft, Stoner wouldn't even be there, he goes fishing now and trys to steer a V8 Supercar in the development series, he'd be lucky to even be battling with Rossi.

There has been some talk of him testing in Japan.... but thats about it.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Salty Dog wrote:Was a great race to watch, as you say, i did think i was watching a Super Motard race half the time.
My home track next week.
As for any notion Stoner would be competitive, pfft, Stoner wouldn't even be there, he goes fishing now and trys to steer a V8 Supercar in the development series, he'd be lucky to even be battling with Rossi.

If you follow the sport you would know dorna rock blocked Honda's request for a wild card ride for him, and that he very much still has the bike pace as seen by the times he lapped at on the soon to be customer HRC bikes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They have ruled out Stoner taking Bradl's ride at Phillip Island as well.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Yeah i follow it... Not from websites either.

He has no place in this years PI GP, if he were to knock a points leader off it is totally unfair.

Lap of Honour and Hall of Fame induction and a bit of work for ONE HD.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

seb421 wrote: no worries mate:) do hope they let stoner have a blast round the home track next race, imagine the show of him and marquez sliding it round and getting the bike out of shape and just pinning it

marquez certainly wasn't any less exciting mate if you haven't seen today's race your in for a special one, rode the fcuker like a moto2 bike backing it in to make passes

it was hold your breath stuff watching him and Lorenzo do battle, Lorenzo got more aggressive on track with marc than i have seen him in years
Seb, it would have been really exciting if Stoner was still in Moto GP, although who would have signed Marquez then I wonder?

If and buts don't count as they say I know, but had a lesser team signed Marquez would he have been leading the championship now I wonder, after all the Full Works Honda's are the best bikes right now.

Yes it was a good race, Lorenzo certainly tried so very hard to keep a head of that pesky kid Marquez, he could not have done any more, it certainly was hold your breath stuff. There were some really brave moves between the two battling it out, that made the race very exciting to watch. I was just pleased they didn't end up taking each other out, although Pedrosa probably could have done with that for the points situation :wink:
Salty Dog wrote:Was a great race to watch, as you say, i did think i was watching a Super Motard race half the time.
My home track next week.

S/D, it is pretty amazing to watch them backing the bikes in like they do, like you say more like Supermoto.
I also would be surprised if Stoner would be back up there were he left off. In any top bracket motor sport things move on so quickly. Even Rossi has struggled to get back to the front since coming back to Yamaha from Ducati. I know one could say Rossi is older than Stoner, but Rossi was still in Moto GP although on a different bike. I do think with time Stoner could be back up there if he did make a come back, which is unlikely IMHO.
Kev L wrote:They have ruled out Stoner taking Bradl's ride at Phillip Island as well.
Yes I did hear that too Kev,

Chris.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

same guys i reported about the Philip Island and HRC and Dorna a while ago but dont think many saw it

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 22#p291622
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The difference was that there was meant to be a vacant seat on Bradl's bike after he broke his ankle. However that option might have been removed as, following surgery, Bradl has expressed his intention to ride at the weekend.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

seb421 wrote:same guys i reported about the Philip Island and HRC and Dorna a while ago but dont think many saw it

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 22#p291622
True I hadn't seen that, but I have now :thumbup: interesting.

Chris.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

There is the 3 Day Forecast for the Phillip Island MotoGP.

Looking good, so long as Sunday holds out.
Saturday will be a perfect day at the track, light North winds are warm and push the riders down the straight.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

The forecast is certainly looking good, so lets hope they have got it right. I must admit I like watching them race at Phillip Island (on the TV that is :wink: ),

Chris.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Anyone who wishes to keep an eye on the weather or potential rain fall at Phillip Island, here is a link.
(its the little Island with "Cowes" on it.... currently getting very wet)

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR022.loop.shtml#skip