Moto GP (SPOILER)

Any racing related stuff
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Moto GP (SPOILER)

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:and if they take the points off Marc,to balance the impact to Dani, then Lorenzo is the big winner.............which isnt fair.

at least in BSB and the Sam Lowes incident, that felt like a fair decision as it zeroed the impact on the championship for the only real contenders

so do we dock the points from Marc and Jorge to make it fair on Dani :lol: ............. then there will be a claim that the organisers are favouring Rossi :D
:lol: you nearly had me there for a minute, Al, you should think about becoming an MP :wink:
I'm not sure talking points away would be the right answer (as Salty Dog says), but I do think Marquez needs to tidy up his act somewhat and have a little more respect for his fellow racers especially now he's in the top class of Moto GP. I think he is making cleaner passes more so now than he did earlier on in the season, although IMHO there is still more work to be done in that area. You can't take it away from him that he is probably the best talent we've seen since Rossi appeared, and he is only in his first year in this class, so will have a lot still to learn for sure. He has had quite a few near misses already this year by riding so close to the guy in front, I just hope it doesn't end up him taking himself and someone else out due to his style of riding.
cybercarl wrote:Wow sounds like I missed a good race. I have it on DVR so may watch that tonight. What's a DNF?

(:-})
It's worth watching Carl, although to be fair the battle for third position was more exciting.
seb421 wrote:For me rubbins racing but as you know I'm a Pedrosa fan i was gutted when it happened :(

it was clear to see there was contact but it was nothing we hadn't seen before from Rossi, i don't believe it was deliberate it was just Marquez was overly keen to get past and ran in too hot he did well not to wipe Dani out on the spot

I read on Monday moaning via Motogp website that the rear wheel speed sensor cable had been detached / dislodged in the clash hence Pedrosa spinning it up when he gave it a handful, he said if you expect traction control to be their when you open the gas and its not it spits you off, but if I had known there was no TC i wouldn't have opened it up, its said he's not badly injured and should be good for the next race

i think the championship is marquez but saying that stoner did make a mess of his ankle with an unexpected crash which without he probably would have taken another championship last year so you never know....

Good to know Seb Dani is okay, although gutted will almost certainly be an understatement. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate either, and it's the first time I have ever heard of that happening. Perhaps we need to get back to basic's, and let the skill of the riders have more of an input into who's top dog, by taking away all these electric gizmo's :lol:

That was my sentiments (1st post), it's not over yet, but Marquez is looking very good for the championship right now as you say.
turbo_billy wrote:They showed a video of it on MotoGP.com and the speed sensor wire for the rear wheel was cut in two.
8O I didn't know that.
tony.mon wrote:Yeah, but now everyone knows how to take him out they'll all be trying it....
:lol: Stop giving them ideas Tony :wink:
darkember wrote:It was a pity but Dani did make his own mistake, Mark was just pressuring him. As it transpired the hard compound was the incorrect choice on Dani's machine & I reckon it would have been a matter of time before Mark would have passed him even had he not binned it.
Didn't they say Dani's front tyre would have been the better choice for the latter stages of the race, unlike Lorenzo's or Marquez's tyre choice. Unfortunate Dani didn't make it to the latter stages so we'll never know.
Salty Dog wrote:
turbo_billy wrote:They showed a video of it on MotoGP.com and the speed sensor wire for the rear wheel was cut in two.
My point exactly! In regards to the commentators poor calling of the incident (and its not just that occasion either, they are making a habit of poor calling)

I too read all the that was MotoGP.com.....

I find it interesting regarding the TC wire? Where is the wire exactly, mounted on the tire... Mmmmmmmm

Rubbing is racing, sure.... But Dive Bombing is another thing altogether.
Its actually being outlawed in other forms of motor sport.

Yep, Marquez is young, full of confidence, no doubt.... But as Stoner said of Rossi a few times, there is racing and then there is dive bombing.
I'm not a Pedrosa fan, or a Lorenzo fan... i'd actually like to see Marquez win MotoGP on his first year in.
But there is a way to go about it....

Perhaps just a late brake and panic moment..... either way, i still can not believe the commentary team said there was no contact... the muppets!

Yes, he did later come out to say there was contact, the next day.

I know its a hard call, and many people say Pedrosa came off from his own doing, but when i watched the footage, the second Marquez contacted Pedrosas rear wheel, you see a black line being layed down as Pedrosa gets on the gas until he highsides.
Whether that be produced by the force of the impact shoving him off line or the TC or both.... It still happened as a result of Marquez's contact the way i see it.

I don't think it was a matter for deducting points, it would probably fall under a racing incident.
I reckon that's what Lorenzo was thinking when he realised Marquez was closing in on him by letting him pass. He would rather have him in front where he could see him, than have him dive bomb him and risk being taken out. 20 points is better than none.

Chris.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Been really good to watch Bautista this end of the championship, his name was dirt not to many races ago on the grid after the incident with Rossi and then again...

Good to see he's got his confidence back always really liked him he has that cheeky charm off track and is a cool character, would like to see him back on the podium this year
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

but I do think Marquez needs to tidy up his act somewhat and have a little more respect for his fellow racers
I totally agree. I vibed this out about him months ago when he done that moody undertake on a bend to take 1st place right on IIRC the last lap. I think that was against Lorenzo and he pretty much forced him wide off the racing line mid bend to take the win. Marquez reminds me of a young Michael Schumacher, Yes I know that's F1, but they both play dirty. Not very sporting or gentleman like IMO. Where's the point where one says, well that's competitive racing or that is wrong.

I think the problem is the same with most sports these days and it's not so much about the sport but the money and advertising. It's a big business not so much a sport as there's so much pressure on the riders, drivers, players or whatever these days from the teams or corporations getting funds or sponsorship.

As fun as it was to watch I also think that move he made on Rossi a few weeks back going off the track to overtake was moody. It would have been more sporting to have done it while remaining on the track. After all that is what is layed out for the race to take place on. Otherwise one may as well cut right across the complete circuit through the car park and anything else that is in the way to the opposite side to get in front :lol: I see that as cheating. Yeh the rules allowed it which I don't understand. I personally think they should be made to give the place back if they overtake by going off the track layed out for the race to take place on.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:[
As fun as it was to watch I also think that move he made on Rossi a few weeks back going off the track to overtake was moody. It would have been more sporting to have done it while remaining on the track. After all that is what is layed out for the race to take place on. Otherwise one may as well cut right across the complete circuit through the car park and anything else that is in the way to the opposite side to get in front :lol: I see that as cheating. Yeh the rules allowed it which I don't understand. I personally think they should be made to give the place back if they overtake by going off the track layed out for the race to take place on.

They couldn't have done anything as Rossi did that overtake to Stoner (or something like that) a few years back. I think if Marquez did it to someone other than Rossi there may have been consequences, but since it's a move Rossi did I think they let him get away with it so it wouldn't appear to be showing Rossi favouritism?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

They couldn't have done anything as Rossi did that overtake to Stoner (or something like that) a few years back.
Another reason to change the rules there. If the rules are changed they have to abide by them.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Laguna Seca is off the calender for Moto GP for next year so corkscrew antics will be missing. They are adding Argentina and Brazil to the race list.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Kev L wrote:Laguna Seca is off the calender for Moto GP for next year so corkscrew antics will be missing. They are adding Argentina and Brazil to the race list.
Waaaat?! No more Laguna Seca :(

Personally, I'd love to see Marquez take the crown this year, he's such an exciting rider to watch. I love the fact he isn't shy to trade paint and push push push.

Next year... I want Cal to wipe the floor on his new ride! I know I'm dreaming, but hey gotta wish for something.
Jamie :wave:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i personally like how the rules are and how how race direction handle stuff like internal concerns & complaints from riders etc

i like the fact the riders can be more daring on track and not have to worry about being penalised for riding on and just over the limit, really makes for some great viewing, formula 1 is so corporate it doesn't feel personal they are like robots with a clamp on there actions and pre penned speech, moto gp in comparison feels full of soul and emotion and do or die attitudes

if they started to clamp down on riders touching / making daring moves / running up and over the curbs you would see an instant hesitation on track if you feared loss of track position or points, would ruin the racing

Dovi and Hayden was going at it so hard at the indy race they literally both jumped off the track at the final bend and got mugged by smith, neither was penalised and was a great spectacle

as this season has progressed ive managed to recruit some moto gp fans at work, used to just be me and sam beb and that strange kid andy that watched it, now Karls on it Woodfield, Tony, English, Dougie
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Great points there Seb, cracking photo too!

I've never been so keen to sit down and watch the races on a Sunday before :)
Jamie :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

seb421 wrote:Been really good to watch Bautista this end of the championship, his name was dirt not to many races ago on the grid after the incident with Rossi and then again...

Good to see he's got his confidence back always really liked him he has that cheeky charm off track and is a cool character, would like to see him back on the podium this year
True Seb, it is good to see Bautista doing better. Mind you anyone who manages to end up going out of the race taking Rossi with them is never going to be Mr Popular. For me the one I would be trying to avoid would be Randy de Puniet.
cybercarl wrote:
but I do think Marquez needs to tidy up his act somewhat and have a little more respect for his fellow racers
I totally agree. I vibed this out about him months ago when he done that moody undertake on a bend to take 1st place right on IIRC the last lap. I think that was against Lorenzo and he pretty much forced him wide off the racing line mid bend to take the win. Marquez reminds me of a young Michael Schumacher, Yes I know that's F1, but they both play dirty. Not very sporting or gentleman like IMO. Where's the point where one says, well that's competitive racing or that is wrong.

I think the problem is the same with most sports these days and it's not so much about the sport but the money and advertising. It's a big business not so much a sport as there's so much pressure on the riders, drivers, players or whatever these days from the teams or corporations getting funds or sponsorship.

Carl, You made me go and have another look at the video where Marquez over took Rossi at the cork screw, as I was thinking about the ruling as the commentators tell it, they say you can't gain a position (or more than one even) by going off the track (as in cutting a corner etc) and rejoining it. In this particular case Marquez had actually got a head of Rossi before leaving the track, so I imagine that's why nothing was said about that. Even so Marquez was very skilful and lucky to have made that move stick, I'm sure Rossi was totally shocked he stayed on the bike.

Interesting you mention Schumacher in F1, as back then I used to be a regular fan, I wouldn't miss a race if I could help it. I now rarely watch any. It all became to political for me, with things like team orders etc.

I'm sure you right about sports now in most cases being all about the money. It's a shame it is that way, as it has really spoiled it to a degree.

Personally I don't like the way Moto GP is right now. I don't think having three different classes of bikes (Full Works, Satellite and CRT bikes) in one race works. Perhaps the Satellite bikes are not so far off the full works bikes, although a lot of that has to be down to the shear determination of the rider, not so much the bike, but the CRT bikes have no hope of getting to the pointy end of any race.

I realise they had to do something with the dwindling numbers (IE Suzuki and Kawasaki pulling out) to make up the grid. We really need both of them back with full works bikes.

Chris.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Suzuki is coming back for 2015, latest I heard. No news on anyone else though :(
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yes that is what I read, a pity as I believe Suzuki were intending to have made a comeback next year,

Chris.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Yeah, they wanted more time to develop their engine I believe. They didn't feel it was up to scratch.. :/
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I was thinking about the ruling as the commentators tell it, they say you can't gain a position (or more than one even) by going off the track (as in cutting a corner etc) and rejoining it.
Oh there is that rule in place then. I must admit I don't know the ins and outs with the rules. That's good because I had visions of them being able to cut a corner or accidentally on purpose make it look like their avoiding an accident gain a few places and that would be OK. That was a seriously gutsy move though, it just goes to show the skills of these riders. They are in another league altogether.

seb421

Post by seb421 »

Ive herd whispers that BMW will be looking to take on MotoGP with there own project in the next few years

Suzuki was originally planing a 2014 return but iirc rules and changes meant they was better going for 2015

Shame kawazaki puled out too and even that hyatie thing that was basically a black kwak that melandri was racing was doing so well as well at the time they pulled the plug on that as well.

iirc they plan to scrap the CRT as soon as financially possible

Also i wish they had left world superbikes as 750 inline 4's vs 1000 cc twins that was the best era for it, seems daft to have two world championships both running the same capacity engines
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14