Brits in Moto GP 2014

Any racing related stuff
Kev L

Brits in Moto GP 2014

Post by Kev L »

Well now Scott Reading, Cal Crutchlow and Bradley Smith are sorted for next year, what do you reckon on their chances?
Cal has been blindingly quick this year on the Tech 3 but has the Ducati to contend with/develop. Can he do something so many other riders have failed to do?
Scott has a Gresini customer Honda which should be a tool but as yet no ones really sure what's coming with that one. On his day and with the right bike Scott is brilliant but he's moving from a team that centres on him, Marc VDS, to the Gresini team (although they have experience with free spirits, Marco Simoncelli).
Bradley has another year with Tech 3 but with Pol Espargaro in the other seat, will all the attention be on Pol?
Looks like an interesting season whatever happens but someone needs to tether Marquez at the start of each race! The little git would probably still come through and win!! Now there is a phenomenal talent.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Re: Brits in Moto GP 2014

Post by lloydie »

I think I have more chance of winning moto gp on a c90 than cal on the Ducati .
I don't think the top 4 riders will change .
Tho I love local boy cal to win but that won't happen till he rides a Honda
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Tell you what people used to bang on about Stoner complaining, its all i've seen Cal do of late, certainly lets the viewer know any injuries he's carrying!

Cal i do not believe to be a development rider, Dovi is a much better on the brakes as seen the battles between them on the Tech 3 machines other year, he's not had great success with that new tank he's been wanting either, totally buggered Silverstone up with all the crashes, bet his garage staff didn't get much sleep lol

I like Cal but i think the only people that have the ability to ride around any issues a bike throws at them have been stoner and Marquez of late I believe either of them could bring the duke to a podium if they was placed on it and given a few months to gel with it

Did you seen the news the other day about Dorna blocking the hushed Philip Island wild card for Stoner, apparently Honda had strenuously denied it to the press that they was in talks etc but Dorna has released a press release saying that they have been approached by Honda for a wild card ride for Casey at Philip island and they have denied it and said if stoner wants to come race then he can come race, but he's not picking and choosing which races he participates in

They stressed that wild card rides are not for ex champs to come and exploit and have a 'jolly' with they are to try out new talent and give experience to new potential riders etc

Apparently Philip island are not happy as with out him they don't think they will get great numbers, since he stopped apparently viewing figures for MotoGP in Australia have dropped around 70%!

I hope its reversed this decision by Dorna as I would love to see a Lorenzo, Marquez, Stoner, Pedrosa battle that would be epic

Back on topic, the Brits yeah Cals not going to set the world alight, Dovi was a great talent on the Honda and great on the Tech 3 a lot better than Cal, he's replacing Hayden who lets not forget can ride hard and was world champion too

Personally i believe Cal is getting a retirement deal, no matter what machine he's on he knows he's never going to beat Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Marquez week in week out and fight for a championship, he's a good rider but he's not in their league

That bike he's on is wombles good i think he's understanding it keep saying its not factory its not bloody far off!

Redding, to early to call he's going to have some great Marquez like ability to ride it loose i predict on that Honda as he can ride that VDS bike on the edge even when the tires are shagged out, he's a big lad yes but that didn't hamper Marco god bless his sole so think on the 1000 he wont be at to much of a disadvantage

Smith, don't know what to say about him other than you don't see much of him on the telly as he's usually mid pack and not in a battle or a scrap for potions etc probably just expect him to be where Stefan Bradel is this year with his progress

I do expect the attention to be on Pol and not Smith though, depends how quick Pol adapts to the machine, Yamaha will be wanting there own slice of new young Maquez like talent and probably hope to find it in Pol, again though he's a much smoother rider than Marquez was he will fit the Yamaha on rails mould and move on to the M1 well I predict
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Marquez will go on to dominate MotoGP for sometime, Cal has no chance on the Duke and as already mentioned needs a Honda to stay on the podium. I hope Bradley and Scott do well but the competition is very fierce.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:I think I have more chance of winning moto gp on a c90 than cal on the Ducati .
I don't think the top 4 riders will change .
Tho I love local boy cal to win but that won't happen till he rides a Honda

here here !!! my thoughts exactly, lets have Stoner back on a Honda like Marquez !!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

I'd like to see where the poster got his information on MotoGP in Australia having 70% less viewers!

That seems like total BS to me.
ONE HD (the Australian MotoGP broadcaster) has a huge following.
Marquez is the new golden child of MotoGP.... interest in the sport is still just as strong.

Sales have been slow at PI, but they have been ever since Doohan retired....
The Australia Moto GP is expensive, Grand Stands tickets are $260 for 3 days.
Sepang Grand Stand is $50 for 3 days.

Philip Island is also a hell of a drive..... Accommodation is $$$$ or you can camp.

Had Stoner been in the mix (which was never going to happen) it just would have been a marketing strategy and that's about it.
Ticket sales wouldn't of changed too much.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

It was in MCN paper weeks back

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

seb421 wrote:It was in MCN paper weeks back
MCN, omg.... say no more.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

seb421 wrote:Tell you what people used to bang on about Stoner complaining, its all i've seen Cal do of late, certainly lets the viewer know any injuries he's carrying!

Cal i do not believe to be a development rider, Dovi is a much better on the brakes as seen the battles between them on the Tech 3 machines other year, he's not had great success with that new tank he's been wanting either, totally buggered Silverstone up with all the crashes, bet his garage staff didn't get much sleep lol

I like Cal but i think the only people that have the ability to ride around any issues a bike throws at them have been stoner and Marquez of late I believe either of them could bring the duke to a podium if they was placed on it and given a few months to gel with it

Did you seen the news the other day about Dorna blocking the hushed Philip Island wild card for Stoner, apparently Honda had strenuously denied it to the press that they was in talks etc but Dorna has released a press release saying that they have been approached by Honda for a wild card ride for Casey at Philip island and they have denied it and said if stoner wants to come race then he can come race, but he's not picking and choosing which races he participates in

They stressed that wild card rides are not for ex champs to come and exploit and have a 'jolly' with they are to try out new talent and give experience to new potential riders etc

Apparently Philip island are not happy as with out him they don't think they will get great numbers, since he stopped apparently viewing figures for MotoGP in Australia have dropped around 70%!

I hope its reversed this decision by Dorna as I would love to see a Lorenzo, Marquez, Stoner, Pedrosa battle that would be epic

Back on topic, the Brits yeah Cals not going to set the world alight, Dovi was a great talent on the Honda and great on the Tech 3 a lot better than Cal, he's replacing Hayden who lets not forget can ride hard and was world champion too

Personally i believe Cal is getting a retirement deal, no matter what machine he's on he knows he's never going to beat Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Marquez week in week out and fight for a championship, he's a good rider but he's not in their league

That bike he's on is ferking good i think he's understanding it keep saying its not factory its not bloody far off!

Redding, to early to call he's going to have some great Marquez like ability to ride it loose i predict on that Honda as he can ride that VDS bike on the edge even when the tires are shagged out, he's a big lad yes but that didn't hamper Marco god bless his sole so think on the 1000 he wont be at to much of a disadvantage

Smith, don't know what to say about him other than you don't see much of him on the telly as he's usually mid pack and not in a battle or a scrap for potions etc probably just expect him to be where Stefan Bradel is this year with his progress

I do expect the attention to be on Pol and not Smith though, depends how quick Pol adapts to the machine, Yamaha will be wanting there own slice of new young Maquez like talent and probably hope to find it in Pol, again though he's a much smoother rider than Marquez was he will fit the Yamaha on rails mould and move on to the M1 well I predict
bloody hell i couldnt agree more, I dont think Smithy will do anything sadly and Cal wont sort that bike, your right Seb
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!