Best MotoGP race all season?

Any racing related stuff
Tweety

Re: Best MotoGP race all season?

Post by Tweety »

seb421 wrote:
simo wrote:+1 and it looks as if Crutchpiece can finally mix with the top guys,and is stringing some good results together. Must get a Works ride next season?
Can't get a full official factory bike as there is no seats free next year,

his M1 is very very close they say to the one used by Jorge and Rossi
I'm kind of hoping with Jorge on the mend, Cal's odds of getting a few factory pieces increases, as Yamaha wants him to pinch points from the Honda's and back up Jorge and Vale...

Most reports say his bike is close, but not all there on top speed and outright acceleration... And since the Yamaha's are already suffering on top vs the Honda's it's no surprise that Cal seems to have a hard time keeping up in the straights... Makes him have to work hard for every pass he makes... I think that's part of why people have been slagging him for coming on strong and then "hanging" behind unable to pass... He lacks that final grunt vs the Honda's and the factory Yamaha's...

I have a hard time seeing him go to Ducati... I think they need to redesign the bike from the ground up, and stop trying to keep the stupid idea of a frameless design... It's pretty much proven now that it doesn't work, dont ya think?
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

seb421 wrote:Tech 3 will not loose Cal they cannot afford to, they will run 3 bikes if they have to for the year

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Possible... I'll keep my fingers crossed, it's a good option...
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

seb421 wrote:the only other guy I think that could ride round a problem like stoner did on the Duke would be marquez as he has a similar loose throw your balls at the wall hold it wide open style
Actually, thinking about it, I agree... Yes, he has the same balls to the walls approach, where he basically lets the bike buck as much as it wants and just rides it out... I'd say it's unlikely that he will go there, but if he does, I actually think he could become a contender on the bike...

One thing though, at the end of his stint with Ducati, not even stoner was that happy with the bike, being spit of it more than once... It has changed, and for the worse, so in the end I think they need to redesign it if they want any more wins...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I hope Yamaha let Cal use Jorge's bike in Laguna and then run a 3rd bike in either tech3 or factory team for next yr. everything else [other than a works honda] would be a backwards step
AMcQ
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

AMCQ46 wrote:I hope Yamaha let Cal use Jorge's bike in Laguna and then run a 3rd bike in either tech3 or factory team for next yr. everything else [other than a works honda] would be a backwards step
That was one I hadn't thought about... Could actually be a possibility if he's out... (Can't really say for sure with that one, eh?)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That could be interesting, although Cal would need to learn the bike. Would he have enough time I wonder :?:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's a bit like the bit before you break up with someone. There's good bits, but also lots of bad bits, and after a while you remember more of the bad bits. After all, next year no-one will be watching it.

Best watch BSB, twice as interesting, and a lot more overtakes, too.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote:It's a bit like the bit before you break up with someone. There's good bits, but also lots of bad bits, and after a while you remember more of the bad bits. After all, next year no-one will be watching it.

Best watch BSB, twice as interesting, and a lot more overtakes, too.
Some good points there Tony, I like your analogy :thumbup:

When they decided to run the CRT class of bikes in with the already two different types (Full works and Satellite bikes) I couldn't really see it working. IMHO it was almost like having three different classes of bikes in one race, although the Satellite class being much nearer the full works bikes than the CRT class. I know they had to do something with the dwindling numbers of manufactures participating in Moto GP, but is this the way forward :?:

Looking at it now it seems to be working slightly better than I had expected, and with things on the change for next year the gaps between the three different classes is meant to be closing. Time will tell I guess :)

Chris.