Lorenzo in warm up now??

Any racing related stuff
VTRDark

Re: Lorenzo in warm up now??

Post by VTRDark »

He certainly was, but is kinda the point I'm making. The adrenaline from race had worn off by then along with any pain killing meds he'd been given. I bet he suffered that night when trying to get some sleep. Unless he got drugged back up :eek2

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:He looked in serious pain at the end of the race...sat on the bike with head on the tank for a few mins before being helped off....super heros
I thought the same, I expect the last 5 laps felt like they were never going to end. Still an amazing accomplishment by Lorenzo to finish fifth :clap: :clap: these guys must be as hard as nails :eh:
I bet Pedrosa could hardly believe it.

Chris.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Can you imagine what it must feel like to have finished after him :eek2

They couldn't even beat him with all the injuries :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all knew he was good, but this? Awsome

I reckon this will have made him a shed load more fans
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i admire jorge, a great racer, but i wish he wouldn't play up to the cameras, on the grid before the race he was posing for pictures and trying to look all mean and moody. it just doesn't work for him.
and after the race with his head on the tank, now i'm 100% sure he was in great pain, but he also knew the cameras were there, and i wouldn't be surprised it a lot of it was for them.
thats what i loved about simocelli, he was what he was, no need for play acting, could you imagine motogp with him and stoner still in it, that would be unreal..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Flatline wrote:Can you imagine what it must feel like to have finished after him :eek2

They couldn't even beat him with all the injuries :lol: :lol: :lol:
The two Ducati boys on the full works bikes must have been gutted by Lorenzo's 5th place, also so must have Bradl and Bautista on works bikes as they were behind him as well.
Flatline wrote: We all knew he was good, but this? Awsome

I reckon this will have made him a shed load more fans
I agree it should help his popularity. I think a lot didn't like the fact that Rossi and his team made the Yamaha a championship winning bike after dropping Honda. Then Lorenzo comes along and takes full advantage of all the hard work that Rossi and his team put into the Yamaha. I can understand how some might feel, that the now winning Yamaha was given to Lorenzo on a plate so-to-speak back then. My way of thinking is it could have been anyone that was lucky enough to have taken that position, but it still does not take away any of the skill, determination or input from Lorenzo to put that bike over the finishing line first. IIRC even Rossi said you have to have the best bike and the best rider to win a championship.

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote:i admire jorge, a great racer, but i wish he wouldn't play up to the cameras, on the grid before the race he was posing for pictures and trying to look all mean and moody. it just doesn't work for him.
and after the race with his head on the tank, now i'm 100% sure he was in great pain, but he also knew the cameras were there, and i wouldn't be surprised it a lot of it was for them.
thats what i loved about simocelli, he was what he was, no need for play acting, could you imagine motogp with him and stoner still in it, that would be unreal..... :thumbup:
I think you'll find a lot of work for their sponsors involves putting yourself out there, so it's probably a way of life to be involved with the cameras. I'll say one thing about Lorenzo, when that young girl who had disabilities (I believe it was Downs Syndrome) was up on the podium with the three of them he made her feel really special, he was IMHO absoulteyly brilliant with her, making her feel part of the celebrations. First of all I had a horrible feeling she was just going to be ignored, how wrong I was. Whether that was for the camera's or not, that l young girls face was an absolute picture :clap:

I agree it would have been a much better championship with Stoner and the late Simoncelli still there. Getting Suzuki and Kawasaki back would certainly help.

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

My tuppenth worth is that Jorge Lorenzo has grown into the role over the last few seasons. He started out trying to be 'the new Rossi' when the old one was still very much alive and kicking. Rossi has a huge following all around the world and if they see someone trying to replace their idol you end up with the response Jorge received. That stunt jumping in the lake, and planting the flag dressed as a spaceman were just seen as cheap imitations of Rossi's celebrations. Lorenzo seems to have worked out he doesn't need to think anything so elaborate up, just enjoy the moment.
They are all brave lads earning a living doing something they love to death, and in some cases that is the final result, and they don't get to retire. They all have their personalities, quirks and annoying traits but that's what makes them what they are. I wasn't a fan of Casey Stoner, or for that matter Sete Gibernau, but when you watched them on their bikes you have to admire the skill they bring to the track. Then turn the volume down when they're interviewed!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev, you've summed that up very nicely :thumbup:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Chris, Just occasionally I have a lucid moment where I seem to know what i'm talking about but invariably it's just an illusion!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

May be Kev, but I know what you have to contend with here :wink: :lol:

Chris.